Searchbarred and the last thread about their breakup way back in 2008.
Probably one of my favorite bands of all time. Big Timber and Hail Horror are amazing albums.
Also does anyone know where the members of the band went to? I heard some of em started something new but haven't been able to find anything.
love is love // return to dust
Big Timber was great. Haven't listened to them in a looong time.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I was pretty into Courting Tragedy and Disaster back when I was all about pedal-riffing metalcore. Couldn't get into Summon in Thunder (which is the name of the album, the first single is the song Big Timber) as much but it's still decent.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Still an amazing band to this day.

I see John Pettibone at hella shows. He's security at a venue in Seattle.
"We wanna have fun and we wanna get wasted." - Andrew W.K.

Quote by baltour;39385525
I think devildriver, lamb of god and killswitch are the best black metal probably ever.

Quote by andyq777
the clean vox weren't bad a lot

XBL: Tim The Hero
Quote by GodofCheesecake
I was pretty into Courting Tragedy and Disaster back when I was all about pedal-riffing metalcore. Couldn't get into Summon in Thunder (which is the name of the album, the first single is the song Big Timber) as much but it's still decent.

Aw shit, I meant Summon in Thunder but said Big Timber.
They just came up on my iTunes shffle the other day and it reminded me of how much I loved em. Unleash Carnage would be my favorite song ever it it was about 3 times longer
Quote by tancanada
Also does anyone know where the members of the band went to? I heard some of em started something new but haven't been able to find anything.

UNDERTOW!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/undertowhc

Seriously, one of the best hardcore bands from the 90's featuring John Pettibone and a bunch of dudes who were still into wearing XXL sized clothes before Unbroken made that style uncool. If you haven't heard this band, you're a chump. Also, last I heard, John Pettibone was in the Vows with a bunch of ex-members of Champion, Betrayed, etc.

Anyways, everything this band did before Hail Horror was really good and I used to be really stoked on them.
You liked Courting Tragedy and Disaster? Is it weird that I'm really surprised by that?
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
You liked Courting Tragedy and Disaster? Is it weird that I'm really surprised by that?

My taste in music has always been a work in progress, so I've probably liked a lot of stuff that would surprise you (aka bad metalcore). I was really into Courting Tragedy and Disaster like five years ago (high school): I haven't listened to it for years and would like to remember it as something that makes me nostalgic.
I guess that's fair enough. I still like stuff like All That Remains and Trivium's first few albums for that reason, although now I like to think I've moved on from generic metalcore to what I'm sure you'd consider more pretentious and obnoxiously technical metalcore/deathcore
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake

I've only ever actually heard Big Timber off of that album, is it worth checking our the rest of the album? I'm more familiar with the older stuff.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Skinwalkers and Unleash Carnage are great songs, I havent really listened to all of SIT sadly
Skinwalkers rips pretty hard if your into the whole melodic metalcore deal. If you like more kinda almost thrashy oriented stuff try Sleezevil. If you like kinda hardcore influenced stuff, try Rain To The Sound Of Panic.
I'd rec Rain to the Sound of Panic of those just because it's from Courting Tragedy and Disaster, which I think is their best.
My band, Escher

Quote by Lappo

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by saxaxe
Y'know, I've never once listened to this band. Give me a song to start with and I'll determine if I want to download an album.

I recommend "Reinventing the Noose", "Curseworship", and "Given It to the Taking", all off Summon in Thunder. Pretty strong album overall. First seven tracks of it are all fucking great.
Quote by saxaxe
Y'know, I've never once listened to this band. Give me a song to start with and I'll determine if I want to download an album.

Rain to the sound of panic
dominion
scars in the landscape
sleezevil
send down your reign
daylight savings
vladmir