I'm thinking about applying to the University of Chicago, but I want to know about their music program. I don't think I will major in music, but a good music program is still important to me.
What I really want to know is if the program covers contemporary music, like rock, and what the opportunities are like for a guitarist.
Quote by rhcpfan93
I'm thinking about applying to the University of Chicago, but I want to know about their music program. I don't think I will major in music, but a good music program is still important to me.
What I really want to know is if the program covers contemporary music, like rock, and what the opportunities are like for a guitarist.

i don't think university of chicago is known for anything involving music. it's a damn good school, but it doesn't keep its focus on fine arts.
Sent from my iPad.
You should visit the school before applying.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
also, going to university of chicago will eventually make you quit guitar if you choose to focus on your education which you will be forced to. students hardly have free time, and when they do it's for more socially optimal activities.
Sent from my iPad.
Berklee haha, you've just gotta go around and look at college websites.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Do you know of UChicago's nickname? It is referred to by its own professors and students as "where fun goes to die." You probably won't have a lot of time to practice there.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal