how do you go about radiusing a fretboard? i cant afford those radius sanding blocks ive seen, and ive heard of people doing it with a router? not a clue how thatd work.

any help would be greatly appreciated. =]
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
What are you doing wanting to radius a fret-board if you can't afford a $10 radius block?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Radius-Sanding-Blocks-/370377673081?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item563c3ac979

I have used these, and they are as good as Stewmac and Lmii blocks.

The reason I ask is because you need fret pullers of some kind, probably a fret saw to deepen the slots after re-radiusing, new fret wire, a fretting hammer or press, leveling files, dressing files, crowning files....that's at least $200 worth of stuff. Unless you just want to re-radius a fretboard and hang it on the wall, you'll need all that stuff to do a decent re-radius + re-fret job, so...have you thought through this much? What is your goal?
ive never seen radius blocks that cheap >.< i thought the only ones you could get were those metal ones that cost alot.

i think youve misunderstood me, it wont be a RE RADIUS or REFRET. im going to start my first build soon. i was unsure as to how i should radius my board is all. seeing as i was unaware of radisu blocks that cheap.
Mah gear :p

Guitars:
Ibanez RG350DX
BC rich NJ neck thru series warlock
customized epi les paul

Amps:
blackstar ht-5 combo
VOX VT-100

Pedals:
bad dog phaser

"Remember your a WOMBLE!!!"
Quote by Morrie2995
dude you just became my hero. Nice
I'm a big fan of the wooden ones LMII sells, there radiused on each side (diff radii)
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by metalwarrior40
I'm a big fan of the wooden ones LMII sells, there radiused on each side (diff radii)

I like the Lmii ones too, mostly because they are so dang long. TS, any of those 3 options will work; basically, take the sanding block, get some adhesive sandpaper ( or just use regular paper with spray adhesive, which is what I do), and start with a heavy grit and work your way up. The link below is to a site with tons of great tutorials for folks who are starting up with this kind of thing:

http://projectguitar.com/tut/fretting.htm
you can do it with a router. Take a look at my practice build (link in my sig). You obviously need to build a jig but its definitely possible. If I lived in the states or somewhere else with access to cheap blocks (its a mission to ship to South Africa) I would probably go that route.