K, new guitar time..need some help deciding based upon my musical interests...
I need to stay $500 and under and am trying ot get the most bang for my buck..

I love technical Metalcore type stuff August Burns Red, Asking Alexandria, Protest the Hero, etc and that is my main territory..HOWEVER

I am also becoming quite the bluesman at some local clubs and my love for the blues is growing and growing..

I could be playing in a metalcore/thrash band soon and also as a local solo blues musician so I am looking for something versatile

I was considering Schecter C-1 which apparently has some high marks or Fender Strat for its bluesy abilities, my only fear with the fenders is not quite having the bottom end to play it in my rock/metal band endeavors as well.. these are just two im looking at let me know if you have another recommendation

Advice is Appreciated
Quote by ABR Is Ear Rape
my only fear with the fenders is not quite having the bottom end to play it in my rock/metal band endeavors as well.. t
If you have the right kind of rig, and you voice your amp and drive pedals right you can definitely get a decent metal tone with a Strat, I do it all the time. And if you get the one that supersac recommended with the humbucker, you should have no problem.

With that said... if you want to do blues... my opinion is that you have to have a Strat. Nothing responds and plays nicer than the Strat neck when it comes to the blues.

Good luck with everything!

~Four Symbols
Quote by supersac
how about a strat with a humbucker in the bridge

this....you can get MIM "Fat Strats" for about 450.....and if you decide you need more thump, a strat is as easy as it gets to swap to a hotter humbucker.
I would suggest a highway one FAt Strat. It has single coils and humbuckers. This will give you flexibility to play both blues and metal.

ron666