Okay, so I am in a video game metal band (see sig) and I need a gimmick. Its truly and insider between us vgm heads.

I thought "we are in it for the metal, and the good time. If you dont like it, than **** off" but thats not a good gimmick.

Any ideas?
When in doubt, put on makeup and go glam. If you go far enough over the top, people will talk about it = more people will come = $$$. My old band did that one for a special gig and we got crazy amounts of hype...
Funky c, Funky do
Yeah, we were gunna dress up as video game characters, but Powerglove already did that.

I do have my Cloud Strife coustume hanging up though...
Well. Have a joystick, controller, whatever in your logo. That'd be fun.

And think of some funny puns combining videogames with the genre.

"Step into the Resident Evil" . something like that:p

And you just gotta make a song called BANE OF CHUN-LI. street fighter. **** yea
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
You could dress as metalized versions of video game characters. Like, to give an example, if you were going to do Mario, you could do red overalls, sleeveless back T shirt, add some spikes, black Mario hat, and a wicked looking mustache. Be creative.

Or you could use a videogameized version of metal wear. Black nintendo-themed T shirt, build around that.
Schecter Hellraiser V1 / Schecter Stiletto Extreme 4 / Gallien Krueger 400RB / Hartke Transporter 4x10 / Digitech BP200 / Pod Studio GX
Quote by Night_Warrior
Yeah, we were gunna dress up as video game characters, but Powerglove already did that.

I do have my Cloud Strife coustume hanging up though...

It doesn't matter that someone has already done it.
All that means is you have to do it better!
I couldn't listen to your second song without welling up a tear. Godamn memories :')
Super Effective = Final Fantasy.
Gear:
EBMM Bongo HS 4
EBMM Sting Ray 5
Eden D410T
Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
Tech 21 Sansamp RPM
Art 341 Dual Channel EQ
QSC GX5 Power Amp
WHAT THE FUNK IS VIDEO GAME METAL?!!?!??!??!

I can't let you play that, Starfox...
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
Quote by Mephysteaux
You could dress as metalized versions of video game characters. Like, to give an example, if you were going to do Mario, you could do red overalls, sleeveless back T shirt, add some spikes, black Mario hat, and a wicked looking mustache. Be creative.

Or you could use a videogameized version of metal wear. Black nintendo-themed T shirt, build around that.

That is genius!
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by jktheman
I couldn't listen to your second song without welling up a tear. Godamn memories :')

I must be doing something right

Im glad you liked it