I'm thinking of getting a new practice amp which I want to double up with recording on my laptop.
Which practice amp kicks serious a$$ and has a USB socket or the like for pc connection?
I think a Peavey Vypyr does but I'm after some more options

No particular budget.
if you just want to be able to practice at home and record, you should just get something like a line 6 UX1 or guitar rig 4
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
hmmm an amp with a USB ,, thats a good idea ..
but why not all those regular practice amps with a stereo jack input ??
If you're genuinely looking for a cheap practice amp with a USB, the search probably should have ended at the Vypyr series...did you actually check them out yet? You'll be surprised at how good they sound.
if I were you I would get a separate audio interface. something good. if you dont need mic inputs or any outputs at all, check out the waves GTR3 interface. as for the practice amp, depends if you want tubes. I'm buying a marshall class 5 soon. also check out the fender pro junior.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Quote by lumberjack
If you're genuinely looking for a cheap practice amp with a USB, the search probably should have ended at the Vypyr series...did you actually check them out yet? You'll be surprised at how good they sound.

No, I haven't tried one yet, it was the first I spotted with the USB facility.
I don't really want to go down the X3 gadget kinda route I just want a great sounding amp which will also let me connect to my pc.
Vypyr 30 all the way.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Anyone had any experience with those Jamvox things, they look interesting.
Aaargh, I've just read the Vypyr manual from the Peavey website, 15 and 30 models don't have USB ports!

Any more ideas?