Does anybody know any brand that makes a plain black thick guitar strap?

I wont a high quality none leather or that crap stuff you get with guitars.
Jackson kvx10
Yamaha erg 121c
BC rich bronze warlock
Nevada strat copy
Peavey bandit 112
Quote by 1jack369
Does anybody know any brand that makes a plain black thick guitar strap?

I wont a high quality none leather or that crap stuff you get with guitars.

what's this part mean?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
what's this part mean?

I imagine he's saying he doesn't want one of the starter kit straps. But yeah, you can get a great leather strap from GC or pretty much any store, I have one but think it's a little overpriced ($50!).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by TheQuailman
I'm guessing he doesn't like leather straps? TS, what's wrong with leather? Vegan or what?

yeah i honestly wasnt sure.

so then, cotton strap?

i hate the nylon ones. promotes headstock dive.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I prefer cotton ones, check them out. Very comfortable and doesn't leave a rash if you rub it on your neck.
My rock & roll setup

PRS Tremonti SE
Boss OS-2 Distortion/Overdrive pedal (Modded)
Vox VT15 Modeling amp

Acoustic!
Fender DG-8S (Now with a piezo transducer)
promotes headstock dive.

by this part dya mean like whne you rise the headstock (like satriani) and it goes down o the more of a horizontal position??

i guess that's not from the nylon strap itself: havent had the problemwith my gutiar with the same strap but had it with another guitar....

i think that's the guitar balancing.. not the strap
Quote by vigenharutyunya
by this part dya mean like whne you rise the headstock (like satriani) and it goes down o the more of a horizontal position??

i guess that's not from the nylon strap itself: havent had the problemwith my gutiar with the same strap but had it with another guitar....

"promotes" was a strange word to use. i remember typing it and hesitating, trying to think of a better one.

instead of just using one word, i suppose i could have said,

i prefer cotton over nylon because nylon straps offer little to no resistance, when attempting to prevent headstock heavy guitars from dipping.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by vigenharutyunya

It depends on the instrument's balance, yes, if you are using a nylon strap. If you use leather, the instrument will remain in it's position even if it neck dives otherwise.
It depends on the instrument's balance, yes, if you are using a nylon strap. If you use leather, the instrument will remain in it's position even if it neck dives otherwise.

ahh yeah but .. wouldnt it hurt your shoulder if yo uhad not shirt??
or just you know **** around with your shirt??

i think the best idea would be rebalancing the guitar via one of the strap buttons but well that's just the way i'd do it
Quote by vigenharutyunya
ahh yeah but .. wouldnt it hurt your shoulder if yo uhad not shirt??
or just you know **** around with your shirt??

i think the best idea would be rebalancing the guitar via one of the strap buttons but well that's just the way i'd do it

seriously, what are you going on about?

he's not asking to balance the guitar,
he hasn't explained the op at all.

i'm just saying that i personally don't like nylon straps because they
offer no resistance, and don't prevent guitar dip the same way a cotton, leather,
or suede strap does.

how is that in any way worthy of a back and forth?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i need a thickish one tho, i meen ive got some good strap locks, but i dont really wanna drop my £400 jackson =/

just look at this bad boy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE_oPQeNddk

thats the one i could do with.
Jackson kvx10
Yamaha erg 121c
BC rich bronze warlock
Nevada strat copy
Peavey bandit 112
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

now thats what im after =] hehe.

3" =]
Jackson kvx10
Yamaha erg 121c
BC rich bronze warlock
Nevada strat copy
Peavey bandit 112
seriously, what are you going on about?

he's not asking to balance the guitar,
he hasn't explained the op at all.

i'm just saying that i personally don't like nylon straps because they
offer no resistance, and don't prevent guitar dip the same way a cotton, leather,
or suede strap does.

how is that in any way worthy of a back and forth?
well i was trying to say is that if there's a problem with the balance better of fixing the source at once

i didint mean that he should or he would... lol i jsut said it...
i like the dangleberry music ones, they're good quality (soft leather) and cheap. the italian leather series.

considering you're in the UK.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Why not leather? My leather strap was 20 GBP and Its soooo comfortable
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

wait, does he want leather or not? i can't understand the first post o_O
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
This thread is so full of typing fail.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
3" wide (or more) suede straps ftw. I have a ripper I used to use on an Ibanez Artist double neck - Now there was a neck heavy guitar!! It needed 4 straplocks, without two at the neck end the thing would be unplayable. The suede has a nice amount of traction while still being comfy - every bit of anti-neckdive was needed with that strung tabletop. It was made by some Aussie company so that'd be no use to the TS.
But despite several attempts at deciphering that second paragraph I can't work out if the TS does or doesn't want leather.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
bump.
Jackson kvx10
Yamaha erg 121c
BC rich bronze warlock
Nevada strat copy
Peavey bandit 112
for the love of...

what's the effing point in bumping it if you have a whole bunch of people saying they don't understand whether you're looking for a leather strap or a non-leather strap?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hahaha.

Get a leather strap, or a fake leather one if you're a vegitarian or whatever.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by Dave_Mc
for the love of...

what's the effing point in bumping it if you have a whole bunch of people saying they don't understand whether you're looking for a leather strap or a non-leather strap?

seriously dave, i just can't do this anymore!

^i dont think he's eating the strap, but you never know.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i think vegetarians would probably have a problem with leather straps too (not because they're eating them lol). That was probably a joke on your part, though, so now i look silly
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah i was just messing because this thread won't go away.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

that's what i thought
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?