It doesn't have a model number on the back of the neck and the headstock says Schecter Diamond Series. Haven't seen one with the diamond series logo on it... perhaps an older run? There looks to be a serial number but it has a few chips, don't seem to be intentional although could be. Pics.

Also haven't seen this color. Did I get ripped off? :/

http://img72.imageshack.us/i/0521001608b.jpg/
http://img38.imageshack.us/i/0521001510.jpg/
http://img175.imageshack.us/i/0521001420.jpg/
http://img256.imageshack.us/i/0521001419a.jpg/
http://img297.imageshack.us/i/0521001419.jpg/
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
i think my old c1+ said diamond. older model?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
How much did you pay for it? More importantly, does it play and sound as it should?
If you did get ripped off it seems the con-man was attentive to detail... looks to be a quality wood top and a well done inlay job. If it's not "genuine" what is your loss overall?
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Diamond series is their import series (as oppose to custom), it should say Diamond series on it.

EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean now. Never seen that before

EDIT2: Yeah, it's an older model

This is an old C-1 classic, it has the Diamond Series logo on:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/old%20c-1%20classic/mazibee4/Schecter/Schecter_C1_Classic_VintageNatGl-3.jpg
Last edited by CrimsonBizzare at May 22, 2010,
Quote by review at HC
Product: Schecter C-1 Classic
Price Paid: US $780
Submitted 06/27/2002 at 02:06pm by Andy Vassar
Email: vasdawg at hotmail<dot>com

Features : 10
2002 Model (Made in Korea)

THIS GUITAR WILL CHANGE YOUR PERCEPTION OF KOREAN MADE GUITARS!! This guitar has a great feel to it. I love everything about it-- except the cheesy "Diamond Series" font on the headstock. It has 24 frets which are all very accessible (unlike a Les Paul. It has a carved maple AAA quilt top, which is just as nice as the pictures on the website. Too often, I think that the pictures on the website of a guitar manufacturer give you a false perception of the actual finish of the guitar--but not Schecter. It has a mahogany body, natural body binding, and neck-thru design. This does wonders for the sustain of the guitar. It also gives it a smooth comfortable feel. It has two humbuckers (neck: Seymour Duncan '59, bridge: Seymour Duncan JB). This is the only one of the C Series guitars that has actual Seymours in it. There is a rosewood fretboard with a SWEET abalone vine inlay on it. Some people say it is pretty extravagent, but I think it is just perfect. This guitar is similar to a strat in a couple of ways. One is the shape of the body, however Fenders are generally flat-topped guitars. Two is the five-way pickup selector switch and two tone controls and one volume control. The tuners on this axe are Grovers and they stay in tune with the best of em. Jumbo frets on this beast, too. Came with a $90 case, strap, picks, shipped it in 2 days for $40.

Sound : 10
I'm using this guitar with a ToneWorks AX1500G Effects Processor running into a Music Man 212HD Vintage Amp. I can honestly say that this guitar sounds just like a Gibson. I play a ton of different styles of music and this guitar covers them all. This guitar is very quiet. Even when I switch on heavy distortion, I don't get any unwanted feedback. Five way selector makes this guitar able to cover almost anything.

Action, Fit, & Finish : No Opinion
I didn't get the guitar straight from the factory. I got it from Drum City Guitar-Land in Colorado. Great store by the way. Anyway, they set it up so I can't really comment on Schecter's setup.

Reliability/Durability : No Opinion
I haven't had it long enough to comment but it seems like it will last a very long time. Quality construction!

Customer Support : 8
Never dealt with them...but they respond to e-mails pretty quickly.

Overall Rating : 10
The only thing I don't like about this guitar is the "Diamond Series" logo on the headstock. Other than that, which is minimal at best, this guitar is an incredible value and you should go out and buy one right now!

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I have one in trans-blue and it says diamond series on the headstock in smaller font below the word "Schecter." But I do have a model number in the back where it says "Made in Korea." I've seen the one Crimson linked to in person so I know that's a real one, but I've never actually seen yours.
I don't need a sig....
I paid 200 cash and a line 6 75 watt head. It must be an older model cause it's 3 way selector and not coil tapped (and it only has 2 knobs, volume and tone). Just haven't seen the finish and it doesn't say MIK or anything, anywhere. It looks like the serial number was chipped off.
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
i swear i've seen that finish before.

the neck is finished? or is it a bolt on?

and yeah in 03 they had 1 vol, one tone, no push pull.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at May 22, 2010,
Quote by ReinventingEvil
Neck is finished. So it's an 03 model? That's good.

well, might be an 02' or around there.

i just know they had 1 tone and 1 vol, duncan designed pups for a while.

search for schecters that year for pics, and check out the Schecter Thread. see if one of the guys in there has one too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62