I have this progression, and I want to know more about it. How/why it works and some things I can do with it to make a decent song out of it.

--0--0--0--0--
--0--0--0--0--
--1--2--4--2--
--2--3--5--3--
--2--3--5--3--
--0--0--0--0--

Basically it is an E chord with the fingered parts moving up.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
A Cliché Spanish thing there. Its just a I bII III bII progression over a tonic pedal.

I'd play E phyrgian dominant over the first 2 chords then probably switch back to normal phyrgian over the G chord.
It sort of outlines E F and G... with some open strings... thats a pseudo flamenco prog...

If you shift the F one up a fret you will have the Hey Joe minibar section... it works cos its jangly?

Um... you can do a few things with it... like lots... but if you want to make an effective song with it... you'll use that as a passing phrase or something... its very cliche to just use it on its own... I'm a walking cliche so I've made a few things out of that in the past. Just jam with it and see what you come up with... record it, put it up and rejoice that you got something out of it.
I now it's cliche, but I wanted to know more. Thank for the suggestions.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by griffRG7321
A Cliché Spanish thing there. Its just a I bII III bII progression over a tonic pedal.

I'd play E *phrygian* dominant over the first 2 chords then probably switch back to normal *phrygian* over the G chord.

yeah, i'm feeling this.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.