Hey guys, im thinking about buying a fractal audio axe fx effects/ amp modulation system what i want to do is use take my existing amp and hook the axe fx up by running cables from my amps send fx to the fractal's input 1 and from the fractals output 1 to my amps fx return. and then use my amps channels with the fractals effects and occasionally bypass either my amp or the fractal to achieve different tones.

i also want to be able to control all of this by a midi footswitch. and lastly i would like to be able to use the effects on the fractal such as "delay" in stereo (i would only want touse my 1 2 by 12 cabinet is this possible. ?)

also would the effects like "drive" ect sound really bad as i'd be using them after the amps preamp right? would you reccomend i just buy the fractal then buy a seperate power amp seperate pre amp to power it and run that all in stereo to achieve these effects. and then even that what foot switches can i use to store presets from my amp and the fractal and still use an expression pedal to control things wah and volume ect?
Hi Zappmi35

Do do such signal routing would require a midi audio switcher like the 'Rocktron patch mate 8' or the 'GCX audio switcher' and a few others, they're fairly expensive £300 to about £500 but you can route your signal in many different ways via midi.

Hope this helps
Behringer FCB1010 is probably the cheapest, best MIDI controller you'll find.

Don't mind the Behringer name, the FCB1010 is actually a very good unit and is super easy to edit with a MIDI to USB device and the editing software which can be found online.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
Behringer FCB1010 is probably the cheapest, best MIDI controller you'll find.

Don't mind the Behringer name, the FCB1010 is actually a very good unit and is super easy to edit with a MIDI to USB device and the editing software which can be found online.

it looks kindof small i'd probably want to be saving quite a bit of presets if i had an axe fx :P
Quote by zappmi35
it looks kindof small i'd probably want to be saving quite a bit of presets if i had an axe fx :P

Small!? It has 10 presets with 10 banks and two expression pedals...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by zappmi35

Small? What kind of midi space station are you after?
Quote by Guitarmiester

Exactly haha
My Gear:
Guitars:
Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 in Charcoal Burst

Amps:
ENGL Powerball I V2

Pedals:
Ibanez Jemini
Vintage '70s Thomas Organ Crybaby Wah
Boss DD-6
Quote by Guitarmiester

i dont know. i dont know much about footswitches at all. so i dont know anything about how many presets they could save. But i've seen footswitches that look to have more buttons i was thinking a button per preset? i would probably want like a clean preset a low gain preset a medium gain preset and a high gain preset so thats 4 plus delay, boost, wah, flanger, phaser, volume. so thats another 6.... i guesse i really dont need that many no more then ten which i guesse this could hold.