i have a chance to trade my 6505+ for a krank krankenstein amp. both are amp heads. dont get me wrong i love my 6505+ but would like a little more bass response out of the amp if possible, and dont know anything about krank amps. hoping for a little feedback here ...
AGILE PS970/4000 (one off custom) :: JACKSON DKMGT :: DEAN SOLTERO
MESA Dual Rec (2CH) :: (2) AVATAR 2X12 cabs w/ celestions

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Last edited by MYLILSS at May 22, 2010,
I was going to do that trade with someone but I really don't like kranks..
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
haha 5 mins and already two bad replies on the kranks .... i like the 6505 so was hoping for some seriously good feedback on the kranks before even really contemplating it. doesnt look like there is going to be a whole lot to think about LOL

i tried youtube for a decent sound clip of a krank but either the recordings were bad or the amps were bad which is why i posted this here ...

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Quote by MYLILSS
i have a chance to trade my 6505+ for a krank krankenstein amp. both are amp heads. dont get me wrong i love my 6505+ but would like a little more bass response out of the amp if possible, and dont know anything about krank amps. hoping for a little feedback here ...

IMO, the 6505 has more bass than the Krank. I always thought that Kranks were kinda trebly.

The 5150/6505 is the industry standard for a reason. I'd keep it.
RIP Tom Searle.
Yeah I always felt that most cranks were trebly and kinda scooped. Finding one with 6550 tubes in it though might get rid of some presence, round out the lows, and give it a more bottom end kick to it. The new ones have 6550s.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
kool ... yeah this was one of those things where it was a thought bout getting something new, but i cant say i have any complaints about the 6505+ anyways, so i will just keep it i guess ...

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
UG really does not like Kranks TBH...

Only a few UGers have like for a Krank... notably MatrixClaw and WTF (IIRC), see if you can catch their attention. A plus point is that both of them are pretty high up on amp knowledge and will be able to give you a better opinion than most in this respect.

Personally I think Kranks have a love-hate relationship. You either like them or you don't. If you want to get a Krank, you need to have a very specific application and tonal goal in mind. Krank occupied a very specific tonal field, so if the sound in your mind is in that range, it'll be great. If not, Krank is a rather meh brand.

For what it's worth, before I got my Mesa Boogie MkV, I found my Rev Jr Pro to be a very versatile amp, and got me very close the tones i needed for classical music and melodic death metal. After I got my MkV, I found the Rev Jr Pro rather meh, but then again, the MkV is in a whole different league, so YMMV.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
ok as an update to the post, i ended up trading for the krank amp head. after telling the guy no we got to talking and he still had an old peavey wolfgang i sold him a few years ago, and after going on to tell me he didnt play it much anymore he said he would give me the wolfgang as well if i would trade amp heads. after hearing that i told him yes and the deal was done. after spending the better part of the day figuring out the krank and everything it offers, i must say i prefer it way more than the 6505. the cleans on it are way better, and it has a bit more punch on the lower end of things compared to the 6505+ so all in all things worked out really good.

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Sounds like a good deal, well you're happy with it and that's what counts. Personally I'm not a huge fan of 6505s and probably would have made the same decision - especially if it meant the return of an old friend as well.

Time for you to learn some Damageplan songs now I guess.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at May 26, 2010,
lol ... yeah i know i never really knew this was a "dimebag" sig head till i was lookin at the picture of the guy on the front going he looks familiar. i know that sounds bad and i do like dime's playing, and definately knew who he was, i just have always associated his name with randall amps ....

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Well he used Randalls on all(?) the Pantera stuff but when he left and started Damageplan he switched to Kranks. Probably accounts for why his tone was so much better with Damageplan - although, who knows what was used in the studio. A good studio engineer can make an MG sound good.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
one thing i will say about the krank is that it is totally backwards when it comes to volume. this thing doesnt sound worth a crap unless the master volume is at about 7-9 and the channel gain is set to wherever the person likes it. the channel volume is actually the master volume on this thing as far as overall loudness, or at least thats the way i have found it to work best at getting heavy sounds without lots of feedback

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
Does it have the original valves? If so what is in it? ie. brand and type.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
the pre amp tubes are electroharmonix 12ax7, and the poweramp tubes are 5881/6l6wgc SOVTEK's .

BUGERA 6262 FOR SALE !!!
EH aren't bad. Careful selection of preamp valves when you're ready to do it can make quite a big difference to the sound. Sovtek power tubes are good reliable workhorses, better to have them in the output than the preamp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
So... reviews and clipporz?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Cathbard
Sounds like a good deal, well you're happy with it and that's what counts. Personally I'm not a huge fan of 6505s and probably would have made the same decision - especially if it meant the return of an old friend as well.

Time for you to learn some Damageplan songs now I guess.

And dethklok. I beleive brenden small used krank amps for all the rythme's on the deth-album
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
The original Deth Album was a POD into a computer according to Brendon Small.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g_1SEmHeek&feature=youtube_gdata

1:40-1:45

"I accautly did all the rythme's on the Deth-album with the rev."
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Last edited by Gundamnitpete at May 27, 2010,
hey bud, i have a Krank Rev jr 20w, and i personaly love thing, for the £400 i paid for it its bloody amazing i run it with a exh metal muff, and i can get the exact tone i want so easily with it. the sweep control is soo helpfull in getting your tone just right, if it was me ide do that swap in a heart beat. you really will not be disappointed with the krank. amazing amps.
Used to own a Krankenstein, probably the worst tube amp I've owned (I've owned near a dozen). Sounded trebly and digital. I would only make the trade because they're worth a bit more than the 6505+, if you can find a sucker willing to buy it, you can make a bit of cash. If you don't want to go through all the trouble, skip it.