looking for a nice little mirco stack for bedroom and for practicing and maybe gigging as well so in other words an all rounder i play anything from blues to metal so think gary moore clapton zztop GnR up to pantera metallica etc so needs to be a pretty versitile amp

so any suggestions out there i am thinking the vox night train but opinions will be great plus means i can spend lots of time in the local guitar shop bugging the shop people lol
also consider the valvepower 18 watter. it won't do metal or hard rock without a boost, but neither will the vox, i imagine.

maybe consider some of those new jet cities? (haven't tried them yet) that might actually be the best bet for versatility, considering they have master volumes.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea i will be using a tube screamer and other pedal with it when i get one just need some other choices thrown at me lol
Blackstar amps...check out their new Venue series, it looks like the HT-20 might be your amp.
Krank Rev Jr. Pro
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The Night Train has plenty of gain but isn't voiced for metal even with an OD pedal. If you want it to sound like a metal amp you'll need a heavy metal pedal, something like a Tone Freak Severe, OKKO Dominator, Xotic BB Preamp, Monster Effects Mastortion, Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde, Suhr Riot, etc.

Blackstar make a few amps that are voiced in the Metallica area. Though, again, you'll need an overdrive/distortion pedal to reach Pantera levels of saturation. A tubescreamer would also work in this situation, particularly one that will allow you to alter the EQ after the amp, which can be effective at creating the semblance of a Pantera-type sound.