I am trying to learn the stairway to heaven solo. I have been learning from this tab http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs...lo_ver3_tab.htm but then i compared it to another link and it was DIFFERENT!!??? The other link was

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs..._heaven_tab.htm

You gotta scroll down a while to the solo.

I also dont understand what in the hell this means: (b17b15 12)
Is it bend 17 then bend 15 then play 12th fret? Ive always just seens 15b17 as in bend the 15th fret to 17th fred.
THANKS FO RHELP

THERE ARE EVEN PARTS WHERE IT TELLS U TO PLAY DIFFERENT NOTES.

SHOULD I LEARN STUDIO VERSION OR THE LIVE ONE???? I AM ABOUT HALF WAY THROUGH AND BOTH TABS HAVE BEEN THE SAME UP UNTIL THIS POINT. SO THIS IS THE POINT WHREE I DECIDE. WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST? THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!
Last edited by Bfrederi at May 22, 2010,
Bend 15 to 17, then release, than play 12.

There are two very different versions of Stairway, the recorded version and the much better live version. The studio version is about 7 minutes long, the live version is three minutes longer.

EDIT:I hope this isn't the only Zep song you're trying to learn...
Last edited by L2112Lif at May 22, 2010,
i cant be assed looking at the tab, but

b17b15 12 more than likley does mean bend 17 bend 15 play 12

and just because the 2 tabs are diffrent dosnt mean one is wrong, there is more than one way to play a song. just go for the highest rated tab and its probably going to be right
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by L2112Lif
Bend 15 to 17, then release, than play 12.

if it was that then wouldnt the tab show --15b17--12--
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by link no1
if it was that then wouldnt the tab show --15b17--12--

well it should say 15b17r15--12 but it means the same thing
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Maybe it just literally means bend 17 to 15? Perhaps it requires a whammy bar. Or just bend the 15 up to 17 before you strum it and then release it down to 15.