Hi, I've noticed a strange thing when I'm playing on two of my guitars. At random times, there is a kind of static noise, not a buzz, but something similar to when you try to find a radio station but only for short periods of time, like 2-3 seconds, then it fades and then reappears. The funny thing is if I take the cable out of the guitar and plug it back in the noise disappears. And I only get this behaviour on two guitars which have active emg pickups.

Thanks in advance
its the sound of awesomeness trying to escape from your guitar

when you put the jack back in it also pushes the awesomeness back into the guitar

in other words

im bored
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Try changing the batteries for the pickups.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
could be picking up cell phone signals. if you leave you're phone on too close it happens
Quote by uneven.pieces
Hi, I've noticed a strange thing when I'm playing on two of my guitars. At random times, there is a kind of static noise, not a buzz, but something similar to when you try to find a radio station but only for short periods of time, like 2-3 seconds, then it fades and then reappears. The funny thing is if I take the cable out of the guitar and plug it back in the noise disappears. And I only get this behaviour on two guitars which have active emg pickups.

Thanks in advance

if the cable is shot, or if the output jack on the guitar is loose, then that's your problem.

you can try a different cable and/or tighten the jack on the guitar.
Just be sure to only tighten jack THIS WAY

check that both wires are still secure.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
check your batteries. they are probably low. after you have changed them (or if they are still good) then try the guitar. if there is still a problem dissasemble the guitar. and check all the wiring. if nothing is loose or anything then go online and find some copper shielding tape. then tape it to the inside of the controle cavity on your guitar. behind the pickups. anywhere where there is electronics. and finally if that doesnt work then re-solder every connection in the guitar. or skip from after you have checked the wiring. and bring the guitar right to a proffesional.