Hey guys,
So, I just bought another amp; 6505+ after seeing a non metal video of it. I have to say that I was actually impressed by the tones that it's capable of reaching. Instead of plugging it into the Mesa 4x12 that I originally planned on getting, I decided to run the preamp into a clean PV Classic 30. Can't really describe my tone, but it was somewhere between SRV / David Gilmour / plain vintage. Now, I was wondering what cab / speakers you guys think would work well in keeping / improving this tone. I was looking at a few local cab makers, and Texas Heat's and Alnico Blue's for the speakers. Not sure how Greenbacks would work here?

Tl;dr
Looking for a vintage, breakup-sounding cab; 2x12 at the least.

Thanks

Edit:
No budget, really
does the 6505+ have an internal load? Was it hooked up to speakers when you used the preamp?
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Seems like it, but I can't be sure. It was plugged straight into the power section, but I only had the volume on one. Definitely not smart, but curiosity always gets me
Doubt it'd blow on that
Ear Candy Buzzbomb? Emperor 2x12? Perhaps a Splawn cab? Avatar 212?

Check out Warehouse Guitar Speakers, as well as Scumbacks.

Mesa cabinets are very high quality, OP. I wouldn't pass one up just because lots of people use them for br00t4lz m3t4lz.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i got a few options for vintage here, but some of it requires how interested you are in getting old speakers.

i personally have an orange ppc212 with (1) alnico weber blue dog (clone of an pre rola alnico blue) and (1) ceraminc weber silver bell(clone of a pre rola alnico marshall oem speaker). both rated at 100 watts, for 200 watts total power handling. you may want a power rating closer to you head rating for a bit of speaker breakup and a bit more sensitivity. the effect is very old school marshall sounding, nice and wild. classic.

me and a friend a have a 2x12 with a nice weber jenson P12N ceramic and a vintage eminence 1228K alnico (like old music man and sunn alnico speakers). very very classic sounding. lower power handling for ~60 watts, responsive.

another cab in the make is a 2x12 with a reeves fane purple speaker clone and a vintage ampeg cts squareback. this setup actually is one of the old hi-watt setups at one time.

i really recommend hitting up local scenes as well, i don't know where you are from, but closer to big cities you can get old cabinets for way cheap. my friend just picked up a '69 2x12 bassman cab for about 100 bucks... why? A: "cuz the speakers were blown", Q: "original speakers?", A: "umm, yeah?"

plenty of stuff like that. here is what i got for a 100 bucks local:

1974, 6x10. it has a speaker with a rubbing voice coil. they are big and heavy so no one wants to ship them, so they go cheap local. also have an old '68 leslie model 16 from when i drove through atlanta, found it on craig's list for fairly cheap.

couple new speakers and bam.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae