So I am considering getting a sevenstring, because alot of the musicians i like use them, but the thing is, that my current and only 6string is... well... very, very, very bad.

Should I really get a sevenstring if i don't have a 6 string in working order?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Last edited by Burgery at May 22, 2010,
Quote by Thunderbird660
I did, and it worked fine. Just have to get used to a seventh string.

How long did that take?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
if you have tiny hands and have problems with getting your hands around a guitar neck now. you will have more problems after the seven string. however if you are like me and have big hands a seven string will not be a problem. i can play an 8 string with my thumb over hanging a bit. its allot more comfortable for me to play a guitar with a wider neck. the seventh string will be wierd. as allot of things are like metal songs low e related. but you will adapt fast unless you cant take the neck.
Go try out a 7 string and see how it feels. That's the best way for you to know how you'll get use to it.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Go try out a 7 string and see how it feels. That's the best way for you to know how you'll get use to it.

best advice concerning seven strings. check out a couple, and pay close attention to the necks..some of them have really thick necks..

i personally like the ibanez rg7321. it's a decent price, sounds great with minimal work, and it has a very thin neck. and it's not too wide either. my hands arent that big, and i can get a good grip on it.

just go see what you can find
keep writing. keep dreaming.

keep the notes coming...

ibanez ftw
Quote by Burgery
How long did that take?

few weeks at most. This is what i did, start out learning some stuff on the 7th string such as korn. Then when you feel ok playing that and get the string spacing down and stuff start learning sex string stuff on it so you have an idea of feel. Or another way transfer 6 string songs to 7