Hey I Am Going To Go Try Out The Digitech EX-7 tommorow at local music shop.
Just a few questions:
How do the distortions sound?
Can it whammy up and down 2 octaves.
Does the space station setting sound good
Thanx
Quote by tacaco1000
yes, babies tend to become a blue gooey liquid when kept inside a plastic bottle in the dark for a year.
I've actually never heard of this pedal up until now, but, based on the owner's manual on digitech.com, it looks like you can go up 2 octaves. I'm not so sure about going down 2 octaves though. If you want more whammy-ing options, look at the Digitech Whammy.
allright thanx guys
Quote by tacaco1000
yes, babies tend to become a blue gooey liquid when kept inside a plastic bottle in the dark for a year.
Still spend some time playing around with it. The effects and the concept of the pedal are good, but could be better. Don't rely on it to be your source of distortion. You're better off going for single pedals if you're after a few things from the EX-7.
yeah i don't plan on using it as my distortion(maybe od to boost my amp) i just don't want to pay for the digitech whammy cause i wont use all the harmonizing and detuning and 3 octaves down and... and ill be able to use the wah and all that until my Line 6 Floor Pod Plus Gets Back from the shop, Fathers Day
Quote by tacaco1000
the space station thingy is pretty cool but a bit of a novelty, the dist is rubbish and the whammy is really good for going up octaves but not down. i have owned mine since they first came out
GEAR:
PRS CU22 10 top with #10
Gibson lp studio (fireburst)
MIA 06' fender strat sss

Orange rockerverb 50 c

morley rotating speaker '62
" pro wah
mxr flanger '73
line 6 dl4 x2, fm4, dm4
mi audio tube zone
love pedal karl fuzz
Quote by new_kirk_hammet
the space station thingy is pretty cool but a bit of a novelty, the dist is rubbish and the whammy is really good for going up octaves but not down. i have owned mine since they first came out

This. And the distortions are reasonably useless if you have your own distortion/OD.
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

Send->EHX DMB->DL-8->RV600->Return

Friends are like potatoes: If you eat them, they die.
Unless they've changed it, I thought the effects couldn't be used separately from the distortion.

Edit:

From the site

Thanks to two-in-one concentric controls, you can tweak three key controls of each expression effect and season them with your choice of seven classic distortion stompbox models piped in from our DF-7 Distortion Factory™.

I'm pretty sure thats fancy wording for cannot use separately
Last edited by Sputnik1 at May 23, 2010,
You can use them on one of the presets, by turning the effect down. But it's lame anyway. The pedal is FANTASTIC for modulation though, and the Space Station effect alone is worth the price.
Ibanez Musician ('78)/Epiphone G-400/Fender Lite Ash Telecaster/Michael Kelly Valor X->Polytune->EX-7->Crybaby->OD-9->BD-2->EVH Phase 90->Hayden Mofo

Send->EHX DMB->DL-8->RV600->Return

Friends are like potatoes: If you eat them, they die.