I'm looking for a new electric, i play lots of Punk/Grunge style music, any suggestions for a better guitar? I play a Squier Strat at the moment, it isn't a bad guitar, but i want something with a bit more quality to it. Any suggestions?
if you have 700 bucks get a faded gibson sg. if you are limited to like less than 500 get a epiphone les paul standard, had one and it never let me down. but your best bet would be to try stuff out. you may like the necks of ibanezs better or something. you could even just get a mim strat with a humbucker in the bridge, that would work for those genres as well and you would already be accustomed to the feel of the guitar and neck to some extent.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Sighs lol

Answer these questions first.
Budget?
Current amp?
Preffered shapes?
I'll bet you have a squier starter amp or something. And if you do everyone's going to recommend a new amp instead. It sounds like you don't have any issues with the Squier though. Are you buying the new guitar because you want to upgrade "just because" or because there's something you want to see out of your guitar?
Yeah sorry guys, i was a bit vague. I have around £300 to spend, I do need a new amp too, i have one of those Fender starter pack amps so it isn't really sounding amazing! I like the feel of Fenders so something like that or an Ibanez. I want something for better quality, you know what squier guitars are like they're hit and miss in most cases

Cheers
Quote by newbie10
Yeah sorry guys, i was a bit vague. I have around £300 to spend, I do need a new amp too, i have one of those Fender starter pack amps so it isn't really sounding amazing! I like the feel of Fenders so something like that or an Ibanez. I want something for better quality, you know what squier guitars are like they're hit and miss in most cases

Cheers

Look for a second hand made in mexico strat if you like the feel of fenders, you'd have about £100 left over and could get a secondhand amp for that amount.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Look for a second hand made in mexico strat if you like the feel of fenders, you'd have about £100 left over and could get a secondhand amp for that amount.

I vote for this, especially the new amp part
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp