can i record directly from the effects loop into mtr? does anyone have any experience w this? and wud micing sound better?
Quote by treysonpwaters
can i record directly from the effects loop into mtr? does anyone have any experience w this? and wud micing sound better?
I can't answer the first question, but I can tell you that micing, if you do it right, will definitely sound better.
Quote by MightyAl
I took a pic of myself, cut a hole in the face and stuck my knob through so i could see what I'd look like if I got bitten by a radioactive elephant.
thnx....ive read eveywhere tha shure sm57 is the way to go...any other cheaper alternatives that still sound good? im new to recording and don't have a very big budget..
A Rock Band mic will work in a pinch but the SM57 is alot better quality than that.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'm a recording noooob and all the clips in my profile were recorded with a USB blue snowball. The "4th song" clip was recorded using a sm57 and a yamaha audiogram interface. Those two cost me about $220. Even with my crappy recording ability, you can hear the difference.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
yeah a bit cheaper alternative to the sm57 is the shure pg57..same mic but made over seas and cosmetically different..maybe not as durable to so maybe stick with the sm57..i mean its only like 20 bucks more......and i have a valveking and record to an usb interface
King of Shred

Gear:
ESP LTD F-500
Takemine G-340 Acoustic
Ibanez SR505
Ibanez GSR200
Line 6 Spider III 75
Ibanez TS9
ISP Decimator
Laney GS412LA Cab
Peavey VK100