I graduate high school at the end of this week. There is going to undoubtedly be assloads of great parties that weekend. Here's the deal. My dad wants me and my siblings to all go together to an out-of-state soccer tournament for my sister. It's also his birthday. Depending on how my sister's team does, we could spend the entire weekend watching games. I really don't want to miss out on all the celebration, but at the same time I don't want to be ass and skip my dad's birthday.

Also, my parents are separated and divorcing. If I stayed home I'd probably be with my mom, which would further bother my dad. However, I only get to celebrate the end of high school once, and I feel like my dad should have seen this coming. I'm also 18, btw.

What do you all think?
Party it up. Don't stay with your mom, just sleep on friends' couches. You graduate from high school once, your dad has many birthdays left.
GO HUSKERS!

12/5/1993 --R.I.P. J.J.S.-- 6/4/2010
No, that's perfectly acceptable, just tell your dad, he should understand. In any case, if he doesn't, you don't have to feel bad about skipping his birthday.
-

You're gonna have the rest of your life to party, man. There's only so much longer for you to spend time with all your siblings and your father together, especially on his birthday. I wouldn't say you're in the wrong, but I'd say you should give in and go with them.

EDIT: Also, add a poll for this.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
**** parties, you can party any day, and it'll be the ****ing same.
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Quote by Le_Bunny
Neither of you is in the wrong, he just needs to understand how important this is to you. Could you arrange to celebrate his birthday the following weekend?

This. Just talk to him and maybe get him a card and a present.
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
I probably wouldn't be able to celebrate the following weekend, but I could probably see him Sunday when they got back. Basically, he's just going to make a big deal out it because he see's it as 'his' time to spend with me (divorce will do that) but he's not taking into consideration what I'd like to do.
Rarely do threads like these make me go arrrrgggggggeeeeep. But this one did. Ya that's a tuffy. I'd say tell your dad your going to spend the weekend with friends. You only graduate once. If he's any kind of dad at all he'll understand that.

If he doesn't rent a hooker to take your place.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
It doesn't even matter what any of us say, because you've probably made up your mind already.

Just know that once you get into college, the parties will only get more frequent, crazier, and more fun.

But how many times will you go to a soccer tourney with your dad and sibs on his bday?

Just sayin'.
Just go with your dad, it'll be better in the long run, better relationship and whatnot
You can go get drunk all the time, and like dudeinator said, the college parties will make your high school parties seem like some kind of preschool tea party
Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra, as opposed to the Bible? Who wins?-Frank Zappa
Quote by JayT44
You're gonna have the rest of your life to party, man. There's only so much longer for you to spend time with all your siblings and your father together, especially on his birthday. I wouldn't say you're in the wrong, but I'd say you should give in and go with them.

EDIT: Also, add a poll for this.

"Music became a healer for me. And I learned to listen with all my being. I found that it could wipe away all the emotions of fear and confusion relating to my family." Eric Clapton
Quote by AGNES_fan34
Party it up. Don't stay with your mom, just sleep on friends' couches. You graduate from high school once, your dad has many birthdays left.

What if he dies in a car crash while going to the tournament?
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

All these "GO PARTY DOOD" answers.
I'm just going to call everyone Andrew W.K from now on.
last.fm/nirvanyaya
facebook.com/purpleshoelace
Quote by Nirvanyaya
All these "GO PARTY DOOD" answers.
I'm just going to call everyone Andrew W.K from now on.

Oh man. I really do like you.

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I'd rather be with my family then go to parties. Parties are stupid

EDGE LIFESTYLE
I drink your milkshake.
Quote by WalterKronkite
Just go with your dad, it'll be better in the long run, better relationship and whatnot
You can go get drunk all the time, and like dudeinator said, the college parties will make your high school parties seem like some kind of preschool tea party

Yep, and you've got all summer to bond with your high school buddies since you'll all be off, but your dad will likely be working, family schedules, etc...I would just go, make up for it when you get to college when everything becomes far more awesome.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
I didn't read the other posts but your only graduate high school once... lol... You also have college graduation which is better. What if your dad doesn't celebrate another birthday?..
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Oscar Wilde
Go spend some time with your family. I'm sure there will be more parties with your high school friends after that weekend too. Little family events like the soccer tournament on your dad's birthday are the things you'll look back on one day when you might not have your father anymore. If I were you, I wouldn't give that up for a party, which will likely pale in comparison to parties you have waiting for you in college

Class of 2010 woo!
Spend a few hours with him if you can, get him a present, etc and then go party

If thats not possible, just tell him youll celebrate soon after. Take him out for dinner, or just get him a card or something. Almost no one I know does any celebration on their actual birthday anyways