A------------------
E------------------

thanks
Last edited by culkid at May 23, 2010,
I can tell you the intervals:

the first is a major third and then a fourth up from that

the next is a minor third interval with a fourth above that
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
d minor, d major, a minor
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
E----10-----10------8
B----10-----10------10
G----10-----11------9
D------------------
A------------------
E------------------

First chord:

D-F-A
1-b3-5

So... Dm.

Second Chord:

D-F#-A
1-3-5

D Maj. would be this chord.

Finally... the third chord.

A - C - E
1-b3-5

Am.

So the progression would be... Dm - Dmaj. - Am.
Quote by WastedRespect
E----10-----10------8
B----10-----10------10
G----10-----11------9
D------------------
A------------------
E------------------

First chord:

D-F-A
1-b3-5

So... Dm.

Second Chord:

D-F#-A
1-3-5

D Maj. would be this chord.

Finally... the third chord.

A - C - E
1-b3-5

Am.

So the progression would be... Dm - Dmaj. - Am.

Can you enlighten me on how this works? For the D chords did you say that they are in the key of D and then you just worked off that to find the chord? Then the A chord you said was in the key of A? I would really love to understand how this works
“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”

Oscar Wilde
E----5
B----7
G----7

D Maj. 1-3-5 or D-F#-A
MARTY FRIEDMAN--"It’s a lot easier to be technical than it is stylized; it really is... But I think it’s a lot more rare to have someone who’s really got their own sound because that’s something you can’t practice."
Quote by WesM.Vaughan
D Maj. 1-3-5 or D-F#-A

the other guy said E. which is it?
Quote by culkid

It's D, there's no way it could be a plain E.

As for the naming chords, it really is a matter of learning your theory well and examining chords for a while; look at the notes that you have, think about the possible chords it could make up and then go with the name that most fits the context.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at May 23, 2010,
Quote by RaiLeff
Easy: E

E?? What did you smoke? XD there's no E on that chord.

Quote by culkid

Learn the notes of the guitar, might take a while to get it fluently but it's easy.
Then you'll know the notes of that chord and even if you can't name it at least you'll realize THERE'S NO E.
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
You wither, and die. I am eternal, the pinnacle of evolution and existence. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Kurai.
Quote by mattbellamee
Can you enlighten me on how this works? For the D chords did you say that they are in the key of D and then you just worked off that to find the chord? Then the A chord you said was in the key of A? I would really love to understand how this works

All this thread is concerned with is how chords are constructed. Key Signatures is a whole different topic. Don't be confused with keys. Keys just signfiy where sharps/flats are placed within a piece.

Onto on how i found those chords.

For the first chord.

E-10
B-10
G-10

I looked at the frets and found that on the E string the note was D. Next String! B. I found that it was an A note. Finally, I found on the G string was the note F.

So we have D-A-F. Since we know that D-F-A is Dm we can conclude that this chord is Dm. Just find the notes and remember chord formulas.