I've got an Epiphone Firebird, and I'd like to put a tremelo/whammy/twang bar on it. I was thinking like a Bigsby Tremelo, but I'm not too studied in the art of taking a stoptail guitar and puttin a whammy on it. Any advice? any reccomendations? I'm looking for something that would go on easily enough without any terrible modifications to the guitar, but not something that will go out of tune super easy.
Remember who you are, and Who's you are
the only thing I can really think of is getting a roller bridge, filling in your holes from the stopbar bridge, and placing the roller bridge properly and using a vibrato bar with a roller bridge, but if you are great with woodworking you could always set it up for a floyd rose, but from what you sound like you are wanting, the vibrato would do less cosmetic damage.

guitarfetish has a good deal for a vibrato tailpiece under tremolos
Currently trying to find a band that can use me. ¿Y Tu?
Last edited by l0rd0ct0d0rk at May 23, 2010,
I think you would just have to take out the tail piece, and drill two more holes for a bigsby. From what I understand it's pretty easy to install.
Hope I helped.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I don't really consider the Bigsby to be a whammy bar, because it doesn't really have the range a Fender or other trem systems have. The Bigsby can only go down, and it can't go down really far; if you're an animal with the trem it goes out of tune as well.

I'd recommend a Stetsbar instead. No drilling or anything of the sort required, it just fits in the post holes of the Tune-o-Matic.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Yeah I didn't think about those. The Stetsbar is supposed to be a great trem. A bit expensive though.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"