New Jersey Melodic Hardcore Punk is the official categorization for these guys according to DA p0nxxx. Formed and grew up in basically where I grew up in Jersey. If I would have to describe their sound kind of like a quicker paced Jawbreaker, which a solid amount of people like in the forum. Dan Yemin"s first known band (Kid Dynamite)

Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzp7roRkRA8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqJ0ebYX6Ig&feature=related
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
I find it hard to believe there isn't already a thread on Lifetime somewhere.. but I am also too lazy to search it though.
I'm an asshole.
I hadn't heard of them before now, but i kind of like what I'm hearing now. Its not bad, not amazing. Just decent.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
It's weird but I love Lifetime's most recent album, and I think the rest of their stuff is mediocre.
Really you guys? I loooove Lifetime and KD. I listened to them today while I played Donkey Kong Country 3. But I need help settling a debate between myt friend and I, Hello Bastards or Jersey's Best Dancers?
Lifetime put out two super awesome records, and a couple mediocre ones. Kid Dynamite is fun but too cheesy for me.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Kid Dynamite is better.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Like what?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Oh I'm not denying that. But I've never heard anything that sounds offensive.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Mostly I'm only familiar with Jersey's Best Dancers, and I like that album a LOT. Apparently I need some Kid Dynamite in my life too.
Quote by element4433

Are you familiar with Johnny Rebel?
Quote by werty22
Are you familiar with Johnny Rebel?
Yes. I just saw the Boondocks, and wiki'd to see that he was a real person.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by element4433
Kid Dynamite is better.

I agree

I can't seem to get into Lifetime. I like it, but I can't really remember anything after listening >_>
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by SuperBlob
I agree

I can't seem to get into Lifetime. I like it, but I can't really remember anything after listening >_>

^ I know what you mena. I have the hardest time remembering their lyrics and riffs. Then I'll play something on guitaqr and find out a week later its kindof like a lifetime song. Im really into Saves The Day's first album which is heavily Lifetime influenced.
Quote by neidnarb11890
I prefer Jerseys Best Lancers

...but mine is an actual album.. it's by The Ergs!.. it's really good..
I'm an asshole.
Quote by element4433

I meant offensively bad/cheesy. It's too anthemic I guess. I dunno, I'm jaded!
brnh.bandcamp.com
Jersey's Best Prancers is obviously superior, but that's irrelevant.
Honestly though,
I think KD sucks pretty bad.

I think I like Hello Bastards more than Jersey's Best Dancers, but seriously, their self-titled is where it's at.

edit: oh yeah, but Neutral Territory is one of the best songs ever.
Last edited by charliezard! at May 24, 2010,
^ Neutral territory is really awesome, my favorite song as of right now is I'm not calling you, I like the different tempo changes through out the album, I think its really difficult in the punk "world" to really write an album with such varied tempo's and still be considered like abrasive enough to be respectable by a large amount of people in the scene.

Which Im sure didn't cross their minds when they were writing music, but just still interesting to me atleast.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
^ Neutral territory is really awesome, my favorite song as of right now is I'm not calling you, I like the different tempo changes through out the album, I think its really difficult in the punk "world" to really write an album with such varied tempo's and still be considered like abrasive enough to be respectable by a large amount of people in the scene.

Which Im sure didn't cross their minds when they were writing music, but just still interesting to me atleast.

I love it when punk, especially hardcore bands slow it down. Nothing sounds more badass than a slow d-beat.
Quote by SKAtastic7770
I love it when punk, especially hardcore bands slow it down. Nothing sounds more badass than a slow d-beat.

...really?
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
i was playing my cousin's copy of burnout on his psp and there was a lifetime song on it. as well as 5 versions of avril lavines "girlfriend" song, each in a different language. ugh, it sounds the worst in spanish and mandarin