I just picked up an MXR Carbon Copy today. It sounds beautiful -

except that I simply can't get the delayed portion of the signal to be loud enough, even with regen and Mix fully clockwise. I'm trying to do Big Sur Moon by Buckethead. Should I try EHX instead (if so, which one?), or go digital?
Quote by josephde
I've played a lot of Koreans that were just horrible.

An excellent example of unintended racism.
Are you running it in front of the amp (i.e. before the amp's input) or in the effects loop?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Id go digital for big sur moon.
My akai did it pretty well, the carbon copy is probably too warm and analoguey, you need something crisp. You also have to get the repeats right on the millisecond for it to sound right.
That's probably the problem: I don't have an FX loop (AC15). Dammit.

beckyjc: I set the delay time, then I match my tempo to it. Works well. I've gotten it pretty good on Garageband with its amp and pedal modeling, but I really like the tone of my own amp.
Quote by josephde

I never had a problem getting my Carbon Copy loud enough though I rarely used it that way. Also I used it in front of a Vox AC4, no FX loop so that shouldn't be a problem.

You have the regen knob turned right up??? Isn't it oscillating?
Nope! With mix and regen full up (to the right, AKA 5 o'clock) it just plays 10 5 4 2 1, where each number is a volume with 10 being loudest. Think I might have a dud?
Quote by josephde

It's been too long since I had mine so I can't really say. Mine usually oscillated quite easily but it could have been the settings I was using. Can you get yours to oscillate on other settings?
Nope. Could it be that it's not in the FX loop?
Quote by josephde

No it shouldn't be anything to do with the FX loop, I never had one when I used the CC. If you got it today you could take it back, maybe compare it to others in the store? Look up some videos on youtube and you'll hear what it should be doing with the regen knob.

Try the regen knob at different positions over halfway and trying different settings on the other two knobs before you take it back. Might just be the settings you have now, I don't know.
If you can't get the repeats to be loud enough, sounds like there's a problem with it. On mine, I can get the repeats up to being a little bit louder than the original signal.

And if you have the regen on full and it doesn't oscillate, there's definitely something wrong. Take it back.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at May 23, 2010,
Quote by Lil'hl
How do you power the pedal?

That was exactly the problem. I took a battery from a pack of 9Vs I had laying around and it turned out to be mostly dead. A new battery quickly made the pedal great. Thanks for helping out, everybody.
Quote by josephde

Nice spot, I did not think of that!

Glad to hear it's working.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Seems so obvious now! TS if I were you I'd get a power supply for it, delays tend to eat up batteries quite quickly.
Quote by aaronni
Seems so obvious now! TS if I were you I'd get a power supply for it, delays tend to eat up batteries quite quickly.

+1. You could use up a battery every few days if you play a lot, or leave it in the chain. Get a daisy chain, it'll be cheaper in the long run.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!