So I've been trying to write a couple of songs and getting a decent progression down is getting tough. I know some theory but what has always gotten me is chord progressions and getting to and from certain chords.

sorry. Anybody have any specific patterns for chord progressions? I remember my music teacher telling me there was a book of just progressions that he had to have for theory class in college.
Last edited by wolfwood_9 at May 23, 2010,
sorry for not having a question. i edited to make it more clear. i thought it was kind of a clear topic anyway.
haha thanks Four Symbols thats the exact kind of thing i'm looking for! your awesome man.
Hey Four Symbols, THANKS for posting that link !!!
Wolfwood, THANKS for asking the question,,, I wouldn't have thought of it !!!

I read a lot of these forums and find many of them helpful. Although, I rarely post anything because of so many arrogant responses I see. This isn't about showing the world how wonderful and intellingent you are. (I guess some people have to blow their own horn and talk down to everyone because their actions aren't capable of proving it.)

Guess I'm a Re-tard for thinking this was about trying to help each other !!!
Quote by FOGGY2121
Hey Four Symbols, THANKS for posting that link !!!
Wolfwood, THANKS for asking the question,,, I wouldn't have thought of it !!!

I read a lot of these forums and find many of them helpful. Although, I rarely post anything because of so many arrogant responses I see. This isn't about showing the world how wonderful and intellingent you are. (I guess some people have to blow their own horn and talk down to everyone because their actions aren't capable of proving it.)

Guess I'm a Re-tard for thinking this was about trying to help each other !!!

haha ya i know i see a lot of that too and just wonder what people are thinking. thanks again for helping with everything guys.