Page 1 of 6
shitty singers is like the herpes of music. it doesnt matter how good the band sounds, if the singer sucks, i cant feel it.
who are some singers with great bands you guys cant stand?
the one that comes to mind immediately for me is Coheed and Cambria. i know a lot of you like them, but goddamn.. the man(?) needs to be stopped.

yes i know hes a man.

hes a sick guitar player though.
Last edited by GoodnightHero at May 23, 2010,
I agree with Coheed and Cambria. I love the music, but the singing...Jesus someone please stop squeezing that mans nuts.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
I agree with Coheed and Cambria. I love the music, but the singing...Jesus someone please stop squeezing that mans nuts.

I agree.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by angusfan16

I have a feeling most people agree with this. I on the other hand like about one song with that guys vocals the rest is of the former opinion.

Quote by Våd Hamster
Protest The Hero. I just can't take that guy.

Blasphemy Rody has a beautiful voice

And Baroness I love the music, but come on the singer kinda ruins the whole awesomeness. The songs are still bearable with the singer, but come on.
Last edited by Zephyr-Chills at May 23, 2010,
He has more range than aloooot of singers. It reallly brings together their quirky, sci-fi feel. I feel like he deserves defending at this point

I would have to say there are quite a few more shitty singers than we may think....over-production is like the AIDS of music.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
neil young's voice can get annoying after a while

and gord downie from the tragically hip
It's always the last day of summer and I've been left out in the cold with no door to get back in
There's numerous bands that I like, but the feeling dies a bit when I hear pig squeals.

Thats all I can really think of. I always accept the singer as the voice of the band & typically don't have problems with them.
Quote by Nomack
Next hendrix is like a a sidesplitting triumph of slapstick and scatology, a runaway moneymaker and budding franchise, the worst thing to happen to Kazakhstan since the Mongol hordes, and, a communist.

This is my sig!
Rolling Stones. I know they're classic and very epic, but god his words just all run together.
Quote by StewieSwan
Dream Theater

Dear god. This man wins.

DT's singer makes my ears hurt. One of their two major turnoffs for me.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by ColbyHink
Mastodon!

Actually, Bret Hinds' voice suits Mastodon imo.
Most of my grindcore inspiration comes from my hard drive.
Quote by Alex Vik
Megadeth

I used to think the same thing untill Dave's voice grew on me.
I remember the first time i heard Rust in Peace... Thought i was good untill I heard his voice. Now I think it suits the songs megadeth do really well.
Quote by floppypick
Helicopter whirl...

If this does not involve you somehow flying with your hair, I will be horribly disappointed.

PSN = wario184
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Fucking Watermelons...

How dat shit work yo?
Quote by StewieSwan
Dream Theater

+1
dream theater is an amazing band with a horrible singer. (my opinion)

another band that could use a new vocalist (or even just go instrumental) is BTBAM.
theyre a decent band, but the screams are absolutely horrible.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Quote by StewieSwan
Dream Theater

Agreed.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

BTBAM

Protest the Hero
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by Alex Vik
Megadeth

You're crazy.

There's more wrong with Megadeth than just Dave's singing IMO. I can't stand any part of them, guitar and all. The rythym is pretty cool, but with a mindless shredding solo every minute, it's so fucking annoying.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by JayT44
You're crazy.

There's more wrong with Megadeth than just Dave's singing IMO. I can't stand any part of them, guitar and all. The rythym is pretty cool, but with a mindless shredding solo every minute, it's so fucking annoying.

Have you heard Marty Friedman's solos?
I'm gonna say Soundgarden/Audioslave, I loved soundgarden's sound, not so much the garden. Audioslave was grooving musically, but Cornell just can't hit those notes. By the way, I work for Rolling Stone.
anybody wanna put anything here just let me know
Quote by mental_zer0
At the risk of flaming, I'm gonna say RHCP. I love Kiedis's voice, but he really can't sing

He can now. I agree with the older albums. And Frusciante did awesome backing vocals.
I dont know, i think Claudio Sanchez's voice has gotten better on the new album. or at least he changed his style for the better.

I agree with Dream Theater, BTBAM (the screams are off when he does it alone, but rogers' clean voice is amazing), and Megadeth.
Im gonna have to say Wolfmother. Love the music, Andrews regular voice is fine, but when he does the higher pitch stuff it just gets annoying and repetitive…. he is the same way on his track with Slash, my least favorite track on the album, cuz of the vocals

Rebeledit: also, AC/DC with Brian Johnson. Back in Black is great but the subsequent albums are all very similar vocally, and the strained high pitch is annoying after more than 1 or 2 albums. I just like Bon Scott better I suppose
Gear:
Epiphone Explorer (Lucy)
Jay Turser Les Paul
1986 B.C. Rich Mockingbird N.J. Series w/Kahler Flyer Trem
Squier Strat
Washburn Lyon Acoustic
Charvel Bass
Fender Frontman 212
Dunlop Original Cry Baby
Last edited by rebel rocker at May 23, 2010,
Quote by kennykenny
Have you heard Marty Friedman's solos?

I'm not sure. I'm just unfairly generalizing. I probably have, but the majority of Megadeth songs I've heard I've disliked very much. I do like a few of their songs though.

Give me a YT Vid of a Friedman 'deth solo.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Quote by JayT44
You're crazy.

I'll be honest, I've never actually made it to a Megadeth solo. However, after hearing Dave's Metallica solos, I'm sure I wouldn't be too keen on his Megadeth solos either.
ANIMAL COLLECTIVE

They're able to deal with it in the studio, but when playing live... goddamnit it's just so sad, they're such a good band otherwise.
Quote by musicTHEORYnerd
+1
dream theater is an amazing band with a horrible singer. (my opinion)

another band that could use a new vocalist (or even just go instrumental) is BTBAM.
theyre a decent band, but the screams are absolutely horrible.

Right....
NRANNHLEILR
OETYSI LRNYS
TATOENYSGM
HLENEGMNRA
IL RENRAOET
NYSCOETTAT
GMAATATHLE

To me. Try, you know you want to^

Puberty
Quote by Will Swanson
I was surprised the first time I came. It shot two feet into the air. I couldn't stop laughing.
Oh and Anders Friden. I hate it when he tries to sing (Come Clarity for example) and that whiny scream of his annoys me at times.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by JayT44
I'm not sure. I'm just unfairly generalizing. I probably have, but the majority of Megadeth songs I've heard I've disliked very much. I do like a few of their songs though.

Give me a YT Vid of a Friedman 'deth solo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5cdMwWWV4o
Quote by Alex Vik
I'll be honest, I've never actually made it to a Megadeth solo. However, after hearing Dave's Metallica solos, I'm sure I wouldn't be too keen on his Megadeth solos either.

A few of their older songs are good, but their new album made me want to kill myself. Absolutely horrid IMHO. The soloing is beyond ridiculous.

^^^^ @Stewie, he's a really good singer on that song. I wish he sung like that all the time and I would love that band as much as the rest of The Pit.

EDIT: ^ Tornado of Souls os one of the songs I like. The singing is still pretty meh but the awesome guitar makes up for it.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
Quote by lolmnt
Second you dance.
Last edited by JayT44 at May 23, 2010,
Quote by angusfan16

Haters gonna hate. Claudio is the man.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
Quote by ColbyHink
Mastodon!

I like mastodon, but you know what? That's me that's you brah.

But if you do change your mind there is this link right here