Fellas.
My question to you is what are your experiences with various boost pedals and what are the traps for beginnners in the field.
I really need some type of signal boost for solos and what not, and so I decided to look for a boost.
I quite like the look of the 'PunchLove" pedal and even more the "Fat-Boost" by visual sound I think, might be someone else.

I am drawn to these as the more i have thought about it, id quite like to experiment using the pedal as part of a main standard tone, not just a volume raise for the solos. It then made sense to get a pedal with clean boost and dirt.
Is the dirt option necesarry? Or would a good qulity ultra clean boost be better, and just preserve my lead tone from the blackstar ht-5 mini stack? :S
cheers guys.

What pedals do you have> thoughts?
Mal: "Doctor, I'm taking your sister under my protection here. If anything happens to her, anything at all, I swear to you, I will get very choked up. Honestly, there could be tears." FIREFLY RULES!!!
I like to have a mix on the board...here are a few categories to check out:

Clean Boosts - Xotic RC Booster is on my board; others like the Plush clear gain pedal and the ZVex SHO.
Treble Booster - Retroman Beano for me, but any "Rangemaster" clone will qualify - other favorites are Analogman Beano and Keeley Java Boost.
Not quite clean boosts - Xotic EP Booster is what I use; it is a Echo Plex pre-amp style, without the delay.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
thanks man, so do you have multiples running sometimes?
And are they for your tone or to beef up and push you up in the solos only?
Mal: "Doctor, I'm taking your sister under my protection here. If anything happens to her, anything at all, I swear to you, I will get very choked up. Honestly, there could be tears." FIREFLY RULES!!!
I like the RC booster on at all times when I am running a clean signal - it's got a good gain control, but I just don't use it much. It works well with the EP booster, so I kick it in when I need an extra notch without much gain. The treble boosters seem to work best with an amp that is already about to break or a drive pedal - I generally run it on it's own into my Marshall.

My suggestion is the RC booster, since it is versitile enough to cover your needs and isn't too expensive.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
thanks a ton man, yea price is the issue too ha
You could also look at Compressors.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X