So I've read up a lot on some of my favorite bands rigs and I heard Parkway Drive likes to use the Peavey 6505+ through a Mesa recto cab with a Maxon 808OD pedal. Now I see a lot of setups like this that large name bands are using and I feel like I'm missing something. So you have a super BA amp with butt-tons of distortion... but you're throwing an OD pedal on too? Now I'm an amp newbie so I'm sure I'm missing something, but wouldn't that just sound like a mumble of fuzz?
Last edited by Tubeampkid at May 23, 2010,
You don't throw the OD in front of the amp and dime the settings to 11. You use the pedals to tighten up the sound (vol: 9 - 10, gain 0.5 -1), or use the pedal to add a different texture to the OD channels.

A JCM800 with a Lovepedal Kanji will sound somewhat different from a JCM800 with a DLS.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
It's used as a boost not a distortion pedal.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .
Why overdrive 2 valves when you can overdrive 3?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Something along the lines of pushing the V1 tube harder which in turn makes more desirable break-up. Its important to note though that using a tubescreamer or any OD is not the same as turning up the gain.
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.