Page 1 of 2
I go to quite a lot of local gigs, and I keep seeing epiphone les paul customs and epiphone thunderbird basses. What guitars/basses are popular in your area? GO!
Gear
Epiphone Sg special <---meh

Peavey Vypyr 30 <---awesome

Hello
People seem to have an ESP / LTD fetisch going on over here.

I play one myself aswell, and it's great.
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
Lot of Strats. No one can afford a Gibson where I'm at.

Also I see multiple Martin acoustics on a daily basis, which would explain why no one can afford a Gibson.
Last edited by Seref at May 23, 2010,
Ibanez. They are effing everywhere...it makes me a little sick actually. Flame me if you want, but has anyone else ever noticed the relationship between Ibanez guitars and the headcases that play them? Maybe its just in my area, but everyone wants to be the star of the band and SHRED LIKE OMG RAWK...grinds my gears.
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Strats for the classic rockers and usually Ibanez for the metalheads.
I'm a musician/composer before I'm a guitar player.

foREVer

R.I.P Jimmy "The Reverend Tholomew Plague" Sullivan.
In Sydney, LOTS of fender. Strats mostly, some teles. and 95% of all the basses I've seen are fenders, usually jazz.
Who's funny enough to be in my sig?

Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Remember to use the hardest point in your body to inflict maximum damage. For most people it's your elbow, for me it's the penis.
trats and gibson sg's
Höhner llx100g
Gibson explorer
crappy stagg acoustic
Roland dac80d
marshall jcm 900 sl-x 2500
marshall 1960A
ehx metal-muff
jimmy hendrix wah
in Chicago, you have EVERYTHING!!!!! seriously!

Ibanez Artcore -> my baby
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone SG
VOX AD100VTH
Digitech RP500 Effects Processor
Crybaby Classic Wah
Boss Flanger
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Boss 2 way Channel Switch
Quote by loganØATH
In Sydney, LOTS of fender. Strats mostly, some teles. and 95% of all the basses I've seen are fenders, usually jazz.

That
And everyone wanting to copy Slash end up buying a POS Epiphone Les Paul. Come to think of it I haven't really seen many other people use anything else than whats said here. Not me though
Call me Brent
Quote by m33sta.

People would leave guitars for me in a box on the doorstep with a note "Please look after little Johnie, we just cant cope anymore, all he wants to do is hook up with Marshalls, We thought he would be a fender boy.

Les Pauls and Strats
Gear:
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top Cherry Sunburst
-Peavey Vypyr 15
-Ernie Ball Regular Slinky 0.10
-Jim Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah pedal
-Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal
-Cleartone instrument cable

L.F.C
Near me it was usually epi's and a few gibsons, the occasional Ibby rg.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Like tons of Strats, seems like the market is built around just Strats here. And then there's the irregular Epi Les Paul here and there, as well as a Gibson LP for those few with the money.
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
All fenders and epiphone here:p Litterary haven't seen a single other brand used here, it's so bad that local shops only got 2-3 at most ibanez, ESP, jackson, guitars in stock xD
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
cheap ass ''metal'' guitar copys
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
coming up.

Ibanez (the shredders), Epi Les Paul (Slash wannabes), Epi SG/ Gibson SG special (Angus young wannabes) and BC Rich for the "metalheads". Cheap strat copies are played by those who actually care more about playing than equipment.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
White Epi Les Pauls.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Fender Strats by all of the bluesy bands around. The more 'hardrock-ish' bands use Gibson SG's and LP's (sometimes Epiphones too) and then there's the metalguys, who use mostly Ibanez.
Play the music, not the instrument.
Cruiser Strat Copies.

Cuz no one really plays real guitar around here, save a few people. Then there is no real trend apart from maybe B.C. Rich's
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I see a lot of Ibanez and Schecter shred-tyoe guitars. The bands that play classic rock tend to use Gibson Les Pauls and Fender Strats. There's a small place near here that caters to old sixties folk-rock stuff and a lot of the players I've seen there have some unbelievable acoustic guitars. God only knows how they can afford them.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Guitars: Strats and Epi Les Pauls.
Basses: P-Basses, but I only know 4 bass players, I know 20+ Guitar players. (excluding myself in both, I don't follow the trend of guitars here.)
I actually need to think about this...

These are based on local gigs I've been to and not the location of the bands (which are often a couple of towns over).

I saw one classic rock band, the guy had a Gibson Les Paul with an Epi as backup.
A dodgy metal band, one guy had an Epi LP and the other had an Epi SG.
The biggest band my town has to offer were playing...one had a Camo PRS SE the other was using an Agile 8 string and an Ibby 7 string.
I think most of the bands supporting that same night used Ibanez.
When the pub round the corner from me did gigs I'm pretty sure most who played their used a Gibson or Epi Les Paul.

So yeah, it seems Les Paul style guitars are king round here.

Though I'm not going to say "OLOLOL SLASH WANNABE" like everyone in this thread seems to be...people do realise that the Les Paul is an iconic guitar and it's pretty hard to avoid them...Slash isn't the only person who plays one.
I play a strat, are you gonna say "Hendrix wannabe"?

Also, come to think of it I've seen a fair few Deans too...
The thing that's quite amusing is I just ranted a bit about people making lame assumptions based on the guitar type, but these guys were Dimebag wannabes.
last gig i went to, it was jacksons everywhere, and the occasional BC Rich.

my town is dominated by Ibanez and LTD. The older guys however (mostly blues and classic rock junky's) love their fender and gibson guitars, and i see them everywhere and anywhere.

i guess you could say, most guitarists in my town stick to their instrument stereotypes pretty solidly.
Quote by coolstoryangus
Pffffffft schematics

Although i guess the OP will have to get used to reading them if he's going to buy a bugera..
Quote by gregs1020

along with fire escape routes...

Mostly Les Pauls, Tele's and Strats, with the occassional ESP/LTD or Ibanez superstrat thrown in, or a BC Rich for the br00talz.
My Gear:
Gibson SG Classic
Les Paul knockoff >.>
Vox VT30 with footswitch
EHX Big Muff w/ Tone Wicker
Telecasters. Ive seen everything from a hardcore band to a country band use them here. Hell, I even have one.
Ibanez. Most of them are the GIO series.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Seref
Lot of Strats. No one can afford a Gibson where I'm at.

Also I see multiple Martin acoustics on a daily basis, which would explain why no one can afford a Gibson.

I agree with you about the strats...gibsons are just a tad too expensive around here. It's like if you own a gibson anything, you're broke and have no other gear lol
in mt Juliet ESP/ LTD because in the only two shop are sponsored carriers
but bellvue everyone likes charvels one week the music shop got a shipment of like 10-15 charvels. came back next week almost all of them are gone and they were around $1000 ones.
Zune Tag: Metal4life 1976
PlayStation Network: Koltzow

Quote by Bearded_Seth
At least you know you're attractive..

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
barely anybody plays guitar in anywhere i live, my friend has a squier strat that he bought for $100
Up here in the North West USA (Seattle Area) I have seen pretty much damn near everything, As for Les Pauls and fender, those are the 2 most popular guitars in the world it makes perfect sense that people would see those more regardless of region.
Telecasters seem to be the guitar of choice round here. If you go out to watch live bands it's surprising to see one without a Telecaster. As far as basses go it's almost always a P-Bass.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Guitar's there doesn't seem to be much of a trend in my area....but everyone and their mother has a freaking line 6 spider
http://www.youtube.com/user/heavymetal1110
My youtube channel

Epiphone Korina explorer, Fender MIM Strat, Ibanez GSA60, Ibanez AEG25
The amp: Bugera 1990
Pedals: Ibanez Tubescreamer,wylde od, wylde wah, Tc electronic g major,
Little Rock = LTD and Schecter territory (most local bands play that 2step electronic gridcore crap...waste of a good guitar imo), a few Gibsons, actually haven't seen too many strats

oh and yea line 6 makes up about 85% of the local amp population
Main Rig:
Peavey 6505+ head
Mesa Rectifier 412
Gibson Explorer w/mods
Ibanez 321mh
Last edited by Schecterwolf at May 23, 2010,
Schecter Hellraisers. Everwhere.
Originally Posted by Spachula
So my band recently played our first gig, and it actually went great. There was only one problem though....
My band is pissed at me now for wearing a banana costume while I performed.

Page 1 of 2