hey guys just had a quick question. I usually play in standard tuning but I then began to play in Eb. The question is... should I have to adjust my truss rod or intonation if I want to play in Eb tuning full time? I mean its only half step lower, should this even make a big difference in adjustments? Or should I just leave it and just tune it back and forth without adjusting anything.
It should be fine. You might need a very slight intonation adjustment, but probably not.
If you have a Floyd you'll need to re-set the trem angle.
What kind of bridge do you have. I have a tune-o-matic and it can take tuning changes easily, but a Floyd-rose is more complicated.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
THen there shoudn't be much of a problem. I have an sg and i change tune to Eb all the time.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
I have my Epi LP tuned to Eb permanently (well, sometimes I go drop-Db).
When I had some work done on it (primarily a tuner and pick-up change), the guy set it up properly again at no extra charge and took into account the Eb tuning. It does play better now.

Not that it was bad before, but the action is much nicer now.
404: Sig not found.
Going from E to Eb should not need any adjustments with a fixed bridge. If the guitar has a trem then grab your tools and if you have not done it before prepare for a couple hours re-adjusting the bridge to level.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Last edited by Bhaok at May 23, 2010,
all i did to my tele was adjust the intonation a little. the change in string tension isnt as dramatic as going to a different gauage, in my opinion.
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
If the neck starts to buzz badly then you will need to adjust the truss rod. Otherwise leave it be.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

^No, thats incorrect. If you get alot of fret buzz, depending on where it is where you have to adjust, either the bridge of the neck, mostly its the bridge.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by JoePerry4life
^No, thats incorrect. If you get alot of fret buzz, depending on where it is where you have to adjust, either the bridge of the neck, mostly its the bridge.

And how is that incorrect? The guy is lowering the tuning. Not the string height.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R