Hello

My brand new Bugera (played like 2 hours on it total) just broke down. Suddenly the volume decreased, and after about 10 seconds there were some popping noises and it just turned off. Now I can't turn it back on again...

Any ideas what could have happened?
Your power tube's probably blown and took the fuse with it.

Just throw the amp back at the shop (metaphorically speaking) and get a new one.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by ragingkitty

Just throw the amp back at the shop (metaphorically speaking) and get a new one.

Which means waaaaaaaaaaaaiting But I really didn't treat it bad, I let the tubes warm up before playing etc etc, could it just have been a bad tube from the start?
what model is it?
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
Quote by ragingkitty

you just made my day
Gear:

Fender American Strat, texas specials
Fender Tele Baja
VOX AC15
Ibanez Analog Delay
Boss Keeley Blues Driver
Katana boost
Dunlop Wah
Which means you just send it back to the shop and get them to change a new one for you.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by BvH001
you just made my day

if it were me i'd toss it back at them with quality like that.
Quote by thematthill5
The man speaks truth.

Quote by Scutchington
That was probably the first time I've ever laughed at the "over 9000" meme.
I'm so pissed right nauuuuuuuuu This was going to be my tweakwithmynewamp-day
Bad tubes happen. It sucks, but part of owning a tube amp.

Take it back to the store or call berhinger. They have a very good repair/replacement system. Was the amp brand spanking new or used?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by Gundamnitpete
Bad tubes happen. It sucks, but part of owning a tube amp.

Take it back to the store or call berhinger. They have a very good repair/replacement system. Was the amp brand spanking new or used?

Brand new I mailed the store, will see what happens i guess
Keep us informed! I'm interested to see what thier turn around is, esp Since I've got the same amp!
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
We should sticky a "For new Bugera owners: your tubes are probably going to fail." thread.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Why does there always seem to be problems with Bugera amps from the start?
My gear:
  • Fender American Standard Telecaster
  • Ibanez RG450
  • Laney VC15
  • Electro Harmonix HOG
  • Vox Satchurator
  • Blackout Effectors Musket fuzz
  • Electro Harmonix Pulsar
  • Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport
  • Malekko Chicklett

Who ever said bad tubes happen is partially right. They do go bad BUT after using them for a while. Its not just part of owning a tube amp they should last 2 hours in a new amp. Bugera just has a serious issue with using the cheapest most prone to failure tubes they can find. And not even bothering to bias them.

Kitty is right take it back, dont screw with it, dont buy tubes or a fuse. Take it back let the people who sold it to you let them deal with it. They will exchange it fix it whatever. Maybe the next one will work for longer than 2 hours.
Quote by Tackleberry
Who ever said bad tubes happen is partially right. They do go bad BUT after using them for a while. Its not just part of owning a tube amp they should last 2 hours in a new amp. Bugera just has a serious issue with using the cheapest most prone to failure tubes they can find. And not even bothering to bias them.

Kitty is right take it back, dont screw with it, dont buy tubes or a fuse. Take it back let the people who sold it to you let them deal with it. They will exchange it fix it whatever. Maybe the next one will work for longer than 2 hours.

Hopefully it will. I'm going to call them tomorrow (they don't work today) and they will have to fix it for me. Still, the fact that I will get a new one is just fine, thing is that it's shit to have to wait for another week or two

Does anyone know if this is common among Bugeras? I've heard that the old ones had big issues, but that it was fixed? Maybe I just got an old one
Honestly I've never had any first hand experience with owning Bugeras, but my Mesa had a cold solder joint. Sometimes, you just happen to get a lemon.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
I agree with raging kitty. A few days ago someone posted about thier JSX breakin down on them, and the guy who had two valveking's blow tubes. Every brand can have a lemon
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Yeah that's true. Perhaps just bad luck.

Btw, I just plugged in my old Spider III 30w with my maxon to play a little, and tbh it sounds a lot more "full" and brutal than the 6262. Still, I know that the spider is a "bad" amp and the 6262 is not, but could this be:

- The tube that blew was bad to begin with, which made the sound quality a little worse than 6262's usually are?

- It's a matter of tweaking, this is my first tube amp and I've never really dealt with that many knobs+the maxon. I only tweaked it for a total of like 30 mins or so.

I think really that it's the second one but yeah, what do u think?
Last edited by Panikak at May 23, 2010,
Quote by Panikak
Yeah that's true. Perhaps just bad luck.

Btw, I just plugged in my old Spider III 30w with my maxon to play a little, and tbh it sounds a lot more "full" and brutal than the 6262. Still, I know that the spider is a "bad" amp and the 6262 is not, but could this be:

- The tube that blew was bad to begin with, which made the sound quality a little worse than 6262's usually are?

- It's a matter of tweaking, this is my first tube amp and I've never really dealt with that many knobs+the maxon. I only tweaked it for a total of like 30 mins or so.

I think really that it's the second one but yeah, what do u think?

Probly both.

What are your settings?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

7's across the board is a good starting place on mine for teh br00talz. I generally either scoop or boost the mids from there.
Guitars:
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
You need to try the 666 setting for an amp that sounds close to a 6505... I think the guitarist of Trivium uses that... he says it sounds amazingly good.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
I found out that on mine, I had to push the presence to just under 8 to get the real metalcore punch from the low strings, but then I lost some of the full dark brutal sound, and my sweeping/soloing became a little bit too "presenc'y" if you get me.

I think I went with something like:

Gain 7.5
Bass 7.5
Mid 4.5
Treble 7
Presence 7.9

And the maxon on Tone: 45% and Balance on 60%. Gain on 0.

But yeah, it might be a combination of both actually. Will be fun to get a, perhaps, even better sounding amp when i get a new one then, haha!
You might've gone a bit overboard with the gain there. Having the gain that high and then boosting it with the OD. More mids might help too, altough 5150 type amps are pretty middy anyway.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Quote by Kanthras
You might've gone a bit overboard with the gain there. Having the gain that high and then boosting it with the OD. More mids might help too, altough 5150 type amps are pretty middy anyway.

Perhaps, but keep in mind that I do not boost the gain at all with my OD, it's at zero there. I think that the bad tube might be a quite big reason aswell
If it was so crappy it blew after 2 hrs how good do think it could have ever sounded? It was a pos. So much for their "tight quality assurance" on valves huh? Pffft, never believed it in the first place.
When you take it back see if you can get better quality valves like JJs or Tungsols or Mullards or something. Worth paying the extra $ if you have to. Hold back the offer to pay the extra for late in the haggle.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
If it was so crappy it blew after 2 hrs how good do think it could have ever sounded? It was a pos. So much for their "tight quality assurance" on valves huh? Pffft, never believed it in the first place.
When you take it back see if you can get better quality valves like JJs or Tungsols or Mullards or something. Worth paying the extra $ if you have to. Hold back the offer to pay the extra for late in the haggle.

Yeah I will definitly push them a bit, the amp breaking down in two days is not okay. Will ask if they can do something about it, at LEAST assure me that they send an amp that is checked to be fine before they send it.
im about to buy one. mostl because i dont have cash for a better amp. but i swear this BS happen to me.....

i know tubes. thats easy. if something major happens within a year...