Page 1 of 2
After having a boring afternoon I typed "hobbies" into youtube go onto prison topic and then watched a semi documentary on prisons which was very interesting, which then going into the pit and seeing the thread about special forces watched a documentary on the "Green Berets" which was one of the most crazy things i have ever seen.

What are some good documentaries you have seen lately pit?

The Prison one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff0-D525cnA

Green Berets: (good watch if you have a spare hour)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9sOgjpmd4c
Adam Curtis > everyone. The Century of the Self is my favourite.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
The latest documentary I've seen must've been Capitalism: A love story.

I think it was mighty fine.
DeVillains!
"King of Kong", it's about two guys trying to beat each others record on the game 'Donkey Kong' and one of them is a douchebag and cheats and gets away with it, and the other one plays fair, beats him but it 'doesn't count' according to the referee. Anyway, it's a fun documentary.
global metal, its a documentary by sam dunn that looks at metal music in countries all over the world

metal: a headbangers journey, another documentary about metal by sam dunn. this one just about metal in general

heavy: the story of metal, a documentary split up in 4 parts each about 1 of the 4 decades of metal with interviews from artists from that time period

and of course this is spinal tap. i actually watch this one about every month
Anything with David Attenborough, the man puts so much passion into it you can't help but feel entranced by his enthusiasm.

Also, The World At War. It's about WWII, and it was made in the 1970's IIRC, and has interviews with notable survivors such as Karl Donitz and Hasso von Manteuffel.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by Banti
"King of Kong", it's about two guys trying to beat each others record on the game 'Donkey Kong' and one of them is a douchebag and cheats and gets away with it, and the other one plays fair, beats him but it 'doesn't count' according to the referee. Anyway, it's a fun documentary.

king of kong is immense.
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
The Union: The Business Behind Getting High - if you wanna know some stuff about weed. Another (much more funnier) documentary of sorts about weed is Super High Me.
The Universe - TV Series that explains a lot of the science behind the universe in easy to understand terms. Quite awesome.
Planet Earth - TV Series narrated by David Attenborough that basically covers an environment and it's animals (desert, rainforest, etc.). Really cool if you're into animal documentaries, as each episode has a lot of cool, less 'mainstream' animals. BBC's Life in Cold Blood is a cool TV series about reptiles.
Anvil: The Story of Anvil - It doesn't matter if you're into metal or not, I'm sure every musician can relate to the plight of the band Anvil. The best band documentary I've seen, but I haven't seen many.
It Might Get Loud - Not a full fledged documentary, just an overview of The Edge, Jack White, and Jimmy Page's guitar history and techniques. Real fun to watch though.
Quote by Banti

yea i saw that one on g4tv a year or two ago.
^ they all sound pretty good dad also has Anvil hahaha
life in cold blood has been on TV a fair bit and is quite popular on my snake forum ill have to check out all the others thought
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Anything with David Attenborough, the man puts so much passion into it you can't help but feel entranced by his enthusiasm.

+1
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by beetroot10
my dad actually has spinal tap isnt it a "fun" doco?

You're thinking of a mockumentary, and no, it's completely real.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
You're thinking of a mockumentary, and no, it's completely real.

If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
bigger, faster, stronger-amazing documentary on steroids, will completely change your mind on them

i want to look like that guy-awesome documentary on an average joe going through the body builder's regimen to go from 30% body fat to 4%

under the great white northern lights-epic documentary about the white stripes tour across canada
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Also, The World At War. It's about WWII, and it was made in the 1970's IIRC, and has interviews with notable survivors such as Karl Donitz and Hasso von Manteuffel.

I can't help but reel that you've stolen my answers
King Of Kong: About the race to get the world record highscore on donkey kong.
When The Light Takes Us: About the black metal scene and the church burnings and murders.
I'm surprised half the pit hasn't chipped in with Loose Change. Though it isn't anywhere near a documentary, I'm sure there's people in here who have pledged their undying alligence to it
Quote by shmikeyboy
I can't help but reel that you've stolen my answers

;D

Everyone loves David Attenborough though. And for good reason.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by davrossss
Religulous

/thread

+1
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
Quote by Liam4
Anything by this man:

Louis Theroux is amazing, I can't believe I forgot him

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Beer Wars. Very informative one about how much of the beer market the "big three" hog up and how awesome craft breweries are. Seriously it's a shame that people who are so genuinely psyched about getting the consumer good beer that they are passionate about have to fight tooth and nail just to get even a percent or two of the market share.
We're only strays.
Saw a good one about independent record stores on pitchfork. It was cool because it was filmed in connecticut, which is where I live, so its cool to see that just a few years ago there were record stores in my area. Also thurston more is in it, and talks about how much he loves black metal.

American Hardcore-about Hardcore, mostly minor threat, but it kind of sucked.
Watched a couple of very good documentaries about Burma on More4 called Moving to Mars and Burma VJ; the latter was nominated for an Oscar.

Would recommend 'em to folk looking for something compelling to watch, with both are for very different reasons.
Page 1 of 2