Warwick Rockbasses seem to be turning into professional grade instruments more and more so each day. I'm thinking of just getting a new Rockbass rather than a used Warwick. They got rid of those horrible headstock logos, glossy finishes, and made the switch to Warwick bridges.

However, I was wondering if their maple necks, rather than wenge or ovangkol, make that much of a tonal difference. Also, I was wondering if they make bubinga bodies for any of their models.

Their website sucks, so I hope you can give me answers.

Thanks guys,
Luke

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Last edited by lkngro at May 23, 2010,
No Rockbass has a bubinga body. A fair few Warwick models have maple necks. However I will always hold that the ovangkol neck, wenge fingerboard and ovangkol or bubinga body truly holds the "Sound of Wood" that Warwick is famous for. You simply do not get the Warwick growl with a Rockbass. The difference between Rockbass and Warwick is still leagues apart in comparison to the difference between Fender and Squier.

Also, with the Warwicks you have better grade woods and German built and run production.

EDIT: And it really isn't that hard to navigate through the Rockbass section to find out if any of them have bubinga bodies. And I would still highly recommend a used Corvette over a new Rockbass- Warwick had shit profit margins on the Corvettes as they were made using the same processes as the more expsnsive Thumbs and similar material costs, with the same wages for the luthiers. So a used one is an even bigger bargain than what they were new.

Note: this only applies to Warwick Corvette Standards built in 2009 and earlier. 2010 Standards are Korean and actually more expensive.
I dunno, the Streamer Stage I definately has the Warwick sound, and yet it's mainly maple.

Explain that Benjiboo .
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Hmm. Notice how the good Warwicks (i.e the Steamer Stage I and II) don't have bubinga in them? It's cos it sucks. In my opinion, I'd rather have the brightness there to remove if I need to than have a lack of it.

Oh god, I just realised I'm effectively trolling a mod.
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

I could replace it with the pitcher plant named after Attenborough, and use it to catch food. You'd be doing me a service!
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

Ya ide say get a used Warwick corvette over a rockbass. I think rockbasses dont have the same sound or feel as a actual warwick.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble