So does anyone here have it? What are the impressions? Does it feel good? How's the sound? I didn't find a lot of reviews, so i'm asking here. How does the neck feel? Is it big? How would it feel compared to epiphone les paul? What does IN/OUT phase plus Individual pickup ON/OFF. Well i understand that turns on and off pickups, but what's the phase thing? Thanks a lot!
never played one, but from what i hear the necks are pretty large. i think they are wide and fat.

those guitars have a ton of switching options. the pase thing has to do with the way current is run through the pickups and what coils the pickup is using and how. im not expert on them, but it changes sound. jimmy page has a lot of thatdone to his guitar (jimmy page wiring).

these red specials probably have even more switching options. that and the tri-sonic pickups probably explain why brian may sounds like no other guitarist ever (and hes one of the best ever).
Quote by ikey_
these red specials probably have even more switching options. that and the tri-sonic pickups probably explain why brian may sounds like no other guitarist ever (and hes one of the best ever).

yep - and his use of treble boosters and Vox AC30s
Does anyone know, how does the neck feel compared to gibson les paul studio?
it feels like a shorter scale length, it sounds amazing, the fell of it is slittle uncomfortable though because it gives the effect of a shorter scale length. its easy to get used to it though, lits also quite light.

quite afew UK shops have one in stock, not too sure about it if your in the US
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Well, i'm not from the UK nor the US. I'm actually from Lithuania, and i'm wondering if it's worth buying that guitar without trying. That pickup switching system looks very apepaling.
I think that in the case of the Red Special, if you want one, nothing else will do. So even without being able to try one, if that's the sound you want, there's only one option - so why not just bite the bullet and buy one?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by nav00
it feels like a shorter scale length, it sounds amazing, the fell of it is slittle uncomfortable though because it gives the effect of a shorter scale length. its easy to get used to it though, lits also quite light.

quite afew UK shops have one in stock, not too sure about it if your in the US

It is shorter, 24" scale.
Strats & SGs
Axe-FX Ultra
JMP-1
Peavey Classic 50/50
4x12 V30s & 30Hs
My mate has one. His is nothing special. Chunky neck, and a very, VERY bright, trebley tone..
well if you want that tone, you can buy some tri-sonic pickups, and upgrade your wiring. that will get you ball park.
Brian May's Red Special is a true signature guitar - it isn't a stock model that has a special paint job or other cosmetic appointments. It was built from the ground up to be Brian May's idea of the best guitar. As such, it may not be your idea of the best guitar.

The Red Special (the original) has a neck like a baseball bat. It is extremely thick. I don't know if the various reproductions have the same very fat neck, though.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley