Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
I'm saving money, but preferred price range is below 1500. I think Orange amps today are different from the originals.
OR50 if you can find one, but you'll need to up your budget a bit.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

they are, but all amps are quite difference from the originals. the military grade surplus tubes, transformers, etc. the less reliable capacitors and less accurate spec components. even the circuit designs have become more complicated. it is kinda hard to find a truly 'new' vintage amp, esp when you consider aging also changes the tone...

you're just gonna have to realize you won't be able to get much of a new true 'vintage' amp in this modern era. that being said, there are many companies that offer clones of older circuits, i just don't think Orange is one of those brands many people make clones of. one of you best bets is to either get a modern orange with a more 'vintage' voicing (rocker 30, OR50H, etc) or get a matamp (matamp was the original company that made oranges, until they had a falling out). matamp is still a small manufacturer, they have a shop you can literally schedule an appointment, walk in, custom make you amp head based on demo circuits and components and they'll make it for ya. can't ask for more.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
to be fair, unless he lives in the north of england or has reason to be there, it's not that easy to walk into matamp
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, but it is worth mentioning, is it not? wouldn't be the first time i mentioned it and the dude was in england. also, there are people i have mentioned it to that were only a couple hours away and they said that was too far of a trip.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at May 23, 2010,
of course. i just assumed he was in the states. most people who mention an amount of money without the currency tend to be american (though I think I've seen an english person do it once or twice).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Hmmm... A vintage Orange amp might give you a vintage Orange amp tone...

Srsly, what is your budget?
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!