Whenever I'm not playing with distort on my Gibson Studio there aren't any problems. When I use distortion with my ME-50 it sounds fine if I'm only playing on one string, but if I hold a note on one string and play a note one another string the sound gets really distorted.
I just changed string, it's still the same. Is it my cables, my pickups or the pedal that's the problem?
Thanks.
is it not just the notes clashing? or the notes joining together making it seem more distorted?
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
I think you're talking about dissonance.
Quote by Penis_wanker
hey guyz...i have a problem with my dick as i am trying to put inside the guitar input jack.

Its very small but it still doesn't fit in.

Can anyone give me some advice how i can put my dick in?

I am very horny right now

Cheers!
Quote by Jackamedmos
Thats just how the guitar is, its supposed to be like that.

I know, but it doesn't feel right.
Also, on the lower notes it sounds right, but on the higher notes (12th fret< it get's way more distorted than it should be, even though it should be more distorted.
The best would be to go to my music store and see what the other guitars with distortion sound like I guess.
Quote by kenvy
I think you're talking about dissonance.

likely this. There are several instances of two notes over the guitar's range that don't necessarily belong together, which will create an undesirable noise when played in harmony.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I furiously masturbate on public transportation.
Quote by guns for hire
likely this. There are several instances of two notes over the guitar's range that don't necessarily belong together, which will create an undesirable noise when played in harmony.

This, it's like in the hendrix song 'red house' , at the beginning the triad has a lot of extra harmonic content, it always happens with distortion.
Try it with a perfect fifth, after tuning your guitar:

E 14
B 12

It shouldn't distort. As people have said, it's notes clashing. The perfect fifth is a very consonant interval, so it should sound better (which is why it's used for power chords). I don't think it should have anything to do with your particular guitar, it's just a matter of physics. If you really want to hear the noise, try:

B 12
G 15

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_(acoustics)
Ohai.

Actually from Canada.
I tried both E14+B12 and B12+G15, the weird sound was still there when I played E+B, but it was much worse with B+G.
With the first pair the "sound" was in between what it's without distortion and the normal "sound".
Can you still help?
Quote by Busterkid
I tried both E14+B12 and B12+G15, the weird sound was still there when I played E+B, but it was much worse with B+G.
With the first pair the "sound" was in between what it's without distortion and the normal "sound".
Can you still help?

Maybe your guitar is out of tune? Not alot but enough to cause this to happen.
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
Quote by Busterkid
Can you still help?

As the fellow above said, is your guitar in tune? Tis important.

There's a reason you don't usually see people strumming full chords with distortion, let alone extended chords. The noisiness pops up. That's why power chords are so smexy: Consonant interval makes for a nice strong sound.

If it is a problem with your equipment, try your guitar through a different amp, and through that amp's distortion, or try a different guitar. I'm fairly sure it's just the matter of tuning + playing dissonant intervals on guitar though.
Ohai.

Actually from Canada.
Quote by Gego
Maybe your guitar is out of tune? Not alot but enough to cause this to happen.

It help a bit, but it could be a placebo effect though.
Also, when playing Sweet child o mine for example it sounds way off from the original. I know you can't get the sound Slash had, but it shouldn't be necessary to buy equipment for well over 20.000$ to get a normal sound out of your guitar.
Last edited by Busterkid at May 23, 2010,