Hi there,
I'm looking for a new overdrive pedal since my TS5 has died
I was looking at the Boss Sd1, how would that perform with my Epi Valve senior head?
(+celestion speakercab). Anyone have it in combination with an epiphone amp?

Other suggestions for a reasonably priced (new) pedal are welcome too.
I don't have much experience with SD1, but they are on Craigslist for about $25 now and then. Bad Monkey is a slightly cleaner sounding pedal at about $50 new.
~JP~
i quite like my SD1 for boosting though it needs a tad of the gain on the pedal to get a nice boosted sound
What's your budget? What styles of music do you play (bands you're looking to sound like, maybe?)

The Bad Monkey is good for increasing what you've already got, but isn't really good for adding its own flavor to the amp's sound, IMO.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I play blues, (classic) rock, that sort of stuff. Looking for nice vintage tones!
Budget is about 70/80 euros
The SD-1 is pure 80's. For what you want I'd say get a Keeley modded TS-808 (or TS-9 modded to 808 as well). Doing the mods yourself is quite easy too if you know one end of a soldering iron from the other. Hell, building one yourself is easy as pie too.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
This is the one I built:
http://tonepad.com/project.asp?id=1
I just bought the PCB off them. It is the same circuit as a TS-808 except that it doesn't have the FET switching, you just use a 3PDT footswitch as a true bypass. Definitely benefited from the Keeley mods. He explains what he does here:
http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=31
I can take a photo of the one I built if you want it. I haven't labelled it yet but it's all finished apart from that.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I wan't a boost And overdrive xD So something like my ts5 again.

I don't really get the tonepad site to be honest. I'll take a good look at it later this evening. Thank you
Dimitri
SD is a great pedal, can be modded easily, and doesn't sound too bad on its own.

I personally hate the Bad Monkey... except I did get a pretty cool light fuzz from mine.

Try and score a used SD1. Or even better, a silver screw SD1. Or even even better, a real OD1.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--