... but it's one of those which guitar should i buy thread...

i'm in the UK, my sig has my gear at the minute...
im saving at the minute, hoping to have around £300-£350 to get a new guitar...

the styles i play/like...

indierock/mathpop?/posthardcore/alternative..

basically the softer end of the scale being the smiths and the heavier end ASIWYFA...

any suggestions will be thanked...
well, if you're lucky, and have a bit of patience, you could find 2nd hand Schecter C-1 Classic for around £300
or the C-1 plus (not as good, but still a great guitar)
or prehaps one of the higher end epiphone les pauls?
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
is a LP the right kinda thing for the styles of music?
id love a tele 72' deluxe but its so far out of my price range..
Quote by daverichards
is a LP the right kinda thing for the styles of music?
id love a tele 72' deluxe but its so far out of my price range..

Why not just keep saving until you can get the guitar you really want? If you already have a guitar that works why rush in and get something else?
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
hmm i dont know if it really works....
the thing is ill never have 600/700 for a guitar, due to being a student..
Nice taste man! You can probobly pick up a deluxe or custom 72 tele used for £350 easily! Check out ebay and stuff. If you don't want to go used then the squier classic vibe tele is really nice or go for a MIM standard.
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Quote by Redstar5wp
Nice taste man! You can probobly pick up a deluxe or custom 72 tele used for £350 easily! Check out ebay and stuff. If you don't want to go used then the squier classic vibe tele is really nice or go for a MIM standard.

i have the squier vintage ii with the twin p90s which is nice but not quite what im after as of yet...

id like the tele with a bucker at the neck and a single at the bridge(deluxe?) ...

any alternatives to a tele?
Quote by daverichards
i have the squier vintage ii with the twin p90s which is nice but not quite what im after as of yet...

id like the tele with a bucker at the neck and a single at the bridge(deluxe?) ...

any alternatives to a tele?

nope that's the custom- the one I have

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/fender-72-custom/1050

You'd easily pick one up used to t'bay for £350 I reckon

Hmmm a lot of bands playing the styles you mentioned play teles. A PRS would work but you won't find one for £350...except maybe a used SE

Could go semi-hollow and look at an epi dot though it might not take higher gain so well.
PEDALZ
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Quote by Redstar5wp
nope that's the custom- the one I have

You'd easily pick one up used to t'bay for £350 I reckon

Hmmm a lot of bands playing the styles you mentioned play teles. A PRS would work but you won't find one for £350...except maybe a used SE

Could go semi-hollow and look at an epi dot though it might not take higher gain so well.

this is like the sort of thing i'd like..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-Road-Worn-72-Telecaster-Olympic-White-Ltd-/380218525833?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item5886ca4889

id love a semi hollow but i think id want a guitar which could take high gain first... tele then id have the semi hollow for mainly cleans..
I thought you said you wanted a single-coil in the bridge?

EDIT: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fender-72-Telecaster-Custom-practically-never-used-/180509273666?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item2a0730ee42

theres a 72 custom in sunburst if black isn't your thing
PEDALZ
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
i saw that but i really dont like that design, and for this money (which to me is a lot at the minute) i want it to be perfect..

yeh the one i quoted was the kind i liked but the custom design, not after a twin humbucker, just the white/black would be really nice
also the walnut/red kinda colour is nice..

can you get them in the set up im after?
*Cough* look in my sig... *Cough*

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
*Cough* look in my sig... *Cough*

not really into PRS

good price though..
Quote by daverichards
i saw that but i really dont like that design, and for this money (which to me is a lot at the minute) i want it to be perfect..

yeh the one i quoted was the kind i liked but the custom design, not after a twin humbucker, just the white/black would be really nice
also the walnut/red kinda colour is nice..

can you get them in the set up im after?

Can you get '72 customs in black? (like the one you said but with the single coil in the bridge)

Yes.

usually theres one on ebay going for around £300-350 but doesn't look like there is at the moment. Keep checking back and one will probobly come up- I see them there all the time.
PEDALZ
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Quote by daverichards
mathpop

I'm sorry, usually I stay well away from questions like this but... what the crap is Mathpop?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.