Muse
hysteria for example
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
ace of spades-motorhead
Quote by somedude789
Buy more pot, fab after smoking said pot, then kill a baby, and finally eat so much food that you must get your stomach pumped.
anything by type o negative is usually distorted
Gear:
Fernandes Revolver Elite
Schecter C1 Exotic
Schecter C1 Classic
Peavey JSX head
Hartke 4x12 cab
Boss GT-8
BBE 362 Sonic maximizer
Around the world b/ Red Hot Chili Peppers, is a great tune, with sick dist. at beginning.

////////////////////////////////

fender telecaster
Deluxe reverb Fender amp
ts-9 dist.
boss Chorus.
Hysteria by Muse and Anesthesia (Pulling Teeth) by Metallica instantly come to mind. i'd also suggest Uprising and (if you're up to it) New Born by Muse, Zwitter by Rammstein and maybe Boris The Spider by The Who. Anthrax's Caught In A Mosh would probably sound good with distortion too
Quote by Heilz
When backstage and talkin to the ladies i always go with the ¨Mines is bigger than theirs¨ argument as me bro holds hes guitar and i take out my bass... It works wonders @,@

Gear list:
Squire Affinity P-Bass
Ashdown Mag300 Evo II
Boss ODB-3
call of ktulu by metallica if you want some aweseom soloing/fills
My gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 LS100 Half Stack
Dunlop SW30 Slash Signature Wah
Digitech Hardwire CR-7 Stereo Chorus
Digitech Hardwire DL-8 Delay/Looper
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver
Fender CD220CE Acoustic
A big muff isn't going to give you good bass distortion. I'd recommend a Tonebender from the 70's. It's what the guy from tool, who's name I can't remember right now, uses in Jambi. It's pretty much the only bass distortion that doesn't cut your balls/bass off.
so you bought a distortion pedal without first researching what you could use it for? makes PERFECT sense.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Chevelle- Fell into your shoes
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Half Stack
Damage control Solid Metal
Boss Flanger
Electro-Harmonix Q-Tron+
Dunlop 535Q Wah
General Guitar Gadgets ITS8 Overdrive
Marshall MS-4 Ministack

Guitars:

PRS Custom 24

Washburn D10 Quilted Bubinga
I have a Boss ODB-3 I use it for:

Orion - Metallica
For Whom The Bell Tolls - Metallica
(Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth - Metallica
Ace Of Spades - Motörhead
Hysteria - Muse
Blood & Thunder - Mastodon

And currently that's about it.
Quote by Dempsey68
so you bought a distortion pedal without first researching what you could use it for? makes PERFECT sense.

Hell why not? Something fun to fiddle around with and might find some good use for it.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
use it for whatever you want to use it for. Sometimes you can add fuzzy bass to a seemingly regular song and make it full as hell. A good example of this is the bass on the In The Aeroplane Over The Sea album by Neutral Milk Hotel. The songs could have been regular indie-ish songs, but then they added distortion to the bass in a lot of the songs and made them pretty thick.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Should be able to get a tone close enough to Death From Above 1979 or Lightning Bolt... anything by either
Quote by the humanity
You will be the High Lowlord's High Lowlife!

Ibanez EDB 550
Laney RB6
but DFA sounds bad if you use 'only' distortion.

If you have the Big Bass Muff, I'd suggest using the "dry" mode on the toggle and getting it to a pretty much half and half of distortion and dry.

I find DFA works best with also a chorus and some type of reverb (or reverby delay).

Most of their songs are pretty simple if you're not the best at playing. Turn It Out isn't that difficult of a song and it is one of my favorite songs to play (the pinch harmonic ish things at the beginning are the hardest part of the song).
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
RATM, audioslave, muse. always a good place to start
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
SOme of the stuff off Anti-Flag's new album people or the gun is killer imho.Especially the opening track Sodom,Gomorrah,Washington D.C (sheep in shepherds clothing)
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
I Love to watch live performances of drum and bass music on electric and acoustic instruments with rapping as well like Michael Jackson songs.
QOTSA, most songs have some bass distortion.

Some specifics; Mexicola and Burn The Witch, but most any QOTSA or EODM songs will have bass distortion to some degree.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
^Looks like a multi, yana.

Play the song "Black Sabbath" by Black Sabbath. Damn right.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Neutral Milk Hotel uses a lot of distorted bass in their songs, and apparently Rancid uses some too, but that may just be live.
GEAR:
Musicman Sterling
Epiphone Flying V Bass
BC Rich Platinum Warlock Bass
Fender BG-31 MTB Acoustic/Electric Bass
Warwick Blue Cab 60 60W 1x12 Bass Combo Amp
I love to hear Alizee songs but the English versions of her songs aren't the best but her beauty really inspired me.
If your after simple stuff, or something less heavy, try early BRMC material, stuff like Spread your Love or Whatever happened to my rock n roll...

easy bluesy fuzzy luvliness to swagger too

= ]
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
Southern Point and Two Weeks both by Grizzly Bear

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Calgone by Incubus has some filthy fuzzy distortion on it. You should also check out The Barbarian which is an instrumental by Emerson, Lake & Palmer which has some pretty nic growl Bass.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
I love to hear Sarah because she is really very talented and aside from that, she is a role model , talented and beautiful.
Page 1 of 2