When it really comes down to it, what are the big differences between these two in terms of quality?

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Focusrite-Saffire-Pro-24-DSP?sku=523334

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/PreSonus-FireStudio-Mobile-10x6-FireWire-Recording-System?sku=620681

Am I just paying 100 more for an extra headphone out and some additional non amplified inputs or is there going to be a noticeable quality difference? They seem to be the same thing from two different companies with a 100 price difference.

I've heard great things about both companies and I'm just really looking for a portable but quality interface. I'm also looking at the Presonus 10x10 but I don't really want to carry that much around. I have 5 additional preamps already so the number of preamps isn't terribly important but I guess it would be nice to have them all included in a single package.

Thoughts?
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by carrotcake
Don't know how much you trust Amazon, but they're selling the Saffire for 300 also?

http://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-24-Interface-SAFFIRE-PRO/dp/B002E2R81G

Love Amazon. Should have checked there too.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
both usually go for around $300 and the sound quality is very similar between the two. Pick the one that works best for you. I think the PreSonus has some great preamps on it but may have some funky drivers and PreSonus has very low customer support.

I've not used the Focusrite on my system so I'm not sure how customer support or drivers work out on that unit.
I plan on buying a Profire 610 soon, which is only 350 on Amazon.

Idk if the two interfaces you are looking into already have everything you need, but the Profire has A/D-D/A converters, which some people find useful.

Also, Catharsis recommends this interface, and he's the man.
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Quote by carrotcake
but the Profire has A/D-D/A converters, which some people find useful.

I could have sworn every interface had those...

Analog audio into any interface turns it into digital 1s and 0s....then the exact other way around for the playback to your monitors...
Quote by moody07747
I could have sworn every interface had those...

Analog audio into any interface turns it into digital 1s and 0s....then the exact other way around for the playback to your monitors...

Well, I thought you can bypass the preamps and just use the converters on the Profire...?
Awakening The Revenant
Deathcore side project: Malevolent

Quote by shavorules42
start with more poppy music with occasional screams and then work your way into emoish crap like a day to remember and so on.
Last edited by carrotcake at May 23, 2010,
Quote by carrotcake
I plan on buying a Profire 610 soon, which is only 350 on Amazon.

Idk if the two interfaces you are looking into already have everything you need, but the Profire has A/D-D/A converters, which some people find useful.

Also, Catharsis recommends this interface, and he's the man.

6 tracks isn't quite enough. I want 8 minimum.

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by carrotcake
Well, I thought you can bypass the preamps and just use the converters on the Profire...?

I have a profire 2626 you can go either way...the preamps can be bypassed if you come in ADAT, or the AD/DA can be bypassed and you can use it as a standalone set of pres with input 1 coming out output 1 etc.
Gear
Jekyll and Hyde
DD3 Delay
NS2 Noise gate
FAB chorus
Crybaby 535Q
HT-5 stack
1979 Gretsch BST 1000
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Schecter Gryphon
Fender American Strat
Taylor T5 Custom
www.facebook.com/fadeoutproductions
Quote by TheDriller
Just took delivery of a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 last week and the quality is immense,

much, much better than any presonus unit i've heard.

Focusrite wins.

This

I've had mine for about 18 months now - pure class for the price. They also do a smaller one with monitor sims on it, not hear it, but looks fun
EPILPSTDYamahaRBX100BassTanglewoodTW28/STRFenderchamp600CubaseStudio5Saffirepro40AlesisM1ActiveMKIIMAudioKeystation88RodeNT1AShureSM57KeeleyModTS9MackieMCUwww.myspace.com/cuthbertgriswald
Quote by TheDriller
Just took delivery of a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 last week and the quality is immense,

much, much better than any presonus unit i've heard.

Focusrite wins.

Happy with the amount of gain available ?