Some of my friends and I are starting a band, and I sold most of my equipment a few years ago, so now I'm left with this:

Guitars: Ibanez GRX-20 (with Seymour-Duncan JB Pickups), Squier BulletStrat (was my first guitar)
Amp: Line 6 Spider II Combo
Pedals: Boss DS-1, Boss CH-1

The sound I'm going for is Post-Hardcore (A Day to Remember, I See Stars, Burden of a Day, etc.), and I know my equipment doesn't reflect that, but my musical tastes have changed over the past few years.

First, I know my guitar (GRX-20) isn't impressive (it only cost $150), but it's pretty solid and I like it, so I'm keeping it, at least until we get booked for something.

Second, the amp completely sucks. It's effects are very "meh," and it doesn't do anything exceedingly well. I need suggestions for a new one, preferably nothing too expensive (under $500 would be good). I don't have any preference, just something that sounds good for Post-Hardcore and can fill a normal room.

Third, and this is the big one, are my pedals. I intend on keeping the DS-1/CH-1 for the cleaner, less distorted parts of our music, but for the more hardcore parts, I have nothing effects-wise. Here are some of the pedals I was looking at:

For Distortion: I was looking at a few pedals here. The main one was the Line 6 Uber Metal. A lot of people like it, but they play more heavy metal than I intend on playing, so I don't know if it would still fit my needs. I was also looking at Boss ML-2 and MT-2 pedals, but people usually recommend the Line 6 Uber Metal over it.

For Delay: DD-3 or DD-7 possibly, I don't really know.

For Equalizer: I know there are some nice EQ models out there, but I don't want to break the bank getting one. I saw the Boss GE-7, and it sounds nice, but some people don't like it.

For Noise Suppressor: I like Boss pedals, and the standard for Boss Noise Suppressor seems to be the NS-2, so that was the only one I tried on my last visit to GC. It was nice, but if someone knows a better one, I'm open to suggestions.

For Tuner: I don't know. Something cheap that works, suggestions needed.

And any other suggestions for my Pedal Board are definitely welcomed!

Budget for the pedals isn't really an issue. I'll probably be buying one per every few paychecks over the next few months, so I'll have some leniency there.

TL;DR Version: I need suggestions for Post-Hardcore pedals and an amp.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies!
Gear:
Guitars: ESP/LTD EC-400, Ibanez GRX20, Washburn D-10 M/TWR
Amp: Peavey Vypyr 75
Pedals: Digitech Whammy, Boss DS-1, Boss CH-1, Sanpera I

YDG!?
Last edited by YDG? at May 23, 2010,
There are a ton of great pedals that aren't available at guitar center. I'd check out proguitarshop.com for video demos of lots of great options - most better than Line 6, Boss, or Digitech....not that they're all bad.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
for the amp part of your problem a Marshall or Vox combo would suffice nicely. The Vox would be the more expensive choice but i prefer the clean channel of the Vox, while the Marshall has a more robust overdriven sound.
music is the only protection from the woes of the world; a citadel it shall stand evermore
For an amp I would say that you should get a Peavey 6505 1X12 combo. But it's a little over your budget.
I'm FAT!
Quote by LEPIV
There are a ton of great pedals that aren't available at guitar center. I'd check out proguitarshop.com for video demos of lots of great options - most better than Line 6, Boss, or Digitech....not that they're all bad.

Any specific pedals I should check out?

Quote by satyrthegoatman
for the amp part of your problem a Marshall or Vox combo would suffice nicely. The Vox would be the more expensive choice but i prefer the clean channel of the Vox, while the Marshall has a more robust overdriven sound.

I'll check on some next time I visit GC. The prices for both look well within my budget, though.

Quote by tatatotfolife
For an amp I would say that you should get a Peavey 6505 1X12 combo. But it's a little over your budget.

Next time I go to GC, I'll check some out. Plus, I'm sure I could get one under $500 if I use eBay.

Still open for suggestions, and I'll be going to GC this week sometime to check out some of the recommendations...
Gear:

YDG!?
This belongs in GG&A, although a fairly good tuner is the Korg Pitchblack, I've heard some good things about it, and if you want, head over to the Ultimate Pedal-Building Thread, and make your own pedals.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Quote by MonkeyLink07
This belongs in GG&A, although a fairly good tuner is the Korg Pitchblack, I've heard some good things about it, and if you want, head over to the Ultimate Pedal-Building Thread, and make your own pedals.

I'll check it out at GC, but it looks a little pricey...

Sorry about posting it in the wrong section, I reposted it in the correct section, so this thread can be closed/deleted.

New Thread (Correct Section)
Gear:

YDG!?
Vox night train head and cab, tc electronic poly tuner, MXR 6 band eq, E-HX metal muff, E-HX nano/small clone and shit like that
Go after one major upgrade at a time I'd say. First thing first: AMP. You have a SD-1 so you don't really need a two channel set up. I'd recommend a Vox AC-15 or a Vox NightTrain.

A Metal Muff, MXR Distortion III, or some sort of distortion would be recommended. If you get the right kind of amp you REALLY shouldn't need a separate EQ. You can trim up the EQ in studio or in the recording program when you record, and live the amp will do F-I-N-E fine on it's own for a while... save the money.

If you really want a delay, I really like them, but it's tricky to find a really good one for cheaps. I have a DD-3 and really love it (great sound quality, it's a total tank, it can be made to glitch out in the greatest of ways), but it takes a while to get an instinct for song-specific settings without tap-tempo... I'd actually like to grab another delay or two...