hey... i am curious. ive been playing for about a year and a bit, and have primarily picked using my index and thumb (wrist doesnt move, both fingers seem to do the work, and the middle finger just kinda flops around). now, i have realised i wasnt really getting anywhere fast... quite the opposite... some half hearted practice over the course of a year and i still cant play the solo to Back In Black.

with my new found resolution, first thing i have decided is i must change picking style/technique to something that will gve me a bit more joy... hopefully. i saw a guys tutorial on youtube, and its basically a copy of Randy Rhoades style i think. the key point he says is, arm anchored 2 guitar, only wrist moves... so i need the pits advice on wrist picking, and how to develop it competently, cos just now its proving rather difficult, perhaps due to my lack of muscle in said joint. plus, any1 got any advice on economy picking... just 2 try and help as well... GRACIAS !!!

p.s. CoD:MW2 is horribly over rated... when i realised this my 360 was banished 2 the cupboard and my <3 of guitar is back with a fury

those of you who know me... may remember i am getting a custom guitar built... Manson Replica... added a quick photo of it so you can see, if your interested. apologise 4 the poor editing 2 make it fit lol
Attachments:
IMG_3209.jpg
Quote by DavidBuchanan
Um.... Maybe if you put this in the technique forum you will get more help...

congratulations you just won Least Helpful Retard of the Century award !!!
lol big tips for alternate picking is to.... alternate pick. I'm actually confused how the fudge can you play the plug in baby intro without economy picking?
Quote by DeadSoloist
lol big tips for alternate picking is to.... alternate pick. I'm actually confused how the fudge can you play the plug in baby intro without economy picking?

to be fair i tried doing it all down and all up... t can be done buts bloody hard lol. i can economy pick in that respec t... but with everything else ts totally jittery and awkward seeming, y'know...
Quote by KingHenrik1967
congratulations you just won Least Helpful Retard of the Century award !!!

Actually, the people in technique would be more experienced with this, though practice is about the height of any advice you will get. It's pretty much common sense.
For economy picking, check out the lessons section of this site.

And a quick life lesson, stop being such a prick.
Quote by DeadSoloist

A bit like this:

R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.