I was thinking of switching to Jazz III's, since the sharper tip might be more useful for alternate picking.

Which model do you think I should start out with? (ultex, red/black, max grip, etc.)
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
i say get a v pick, sharper and easier to grip
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Ultexes are my favorite Jazz IIIs. They don't have any extra material on them like you sometimes get with the nylons and they're slightly more grippy than them too, IMO.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I say get a black Jazz III XL. It's stiffer than the red material, and the extra surface area makes it easier to grip (and, from personal experience, sounds better than regular jazz iii's when doing stuff that ISN'T alternate picking). Really, IMO, it has all of the benefits of a Jazz III, but none of the downsides.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I'm a big fan of the Eric Johnson signature Jazz IIIs. They have a matte finish and they are a little bit lighter too.
I <3 Jazz III's.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
I just have the red ones and I think they're fine
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
Gah, different suggestions in each posts.

It sounded like the Jazz III XL's are the best though.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Ultex Sharp. Better than Jazz III's.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Big Stubby is a great pick. They have a smooth attack, and the grip is great.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I like the Eric Johnson ones the best. Sound great, and the embossed 'Eric Johnson TX' actually makes a great grip.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
The standard red Jazz IIIs are made of a glossy nylon, which get scratched, nicked or dented quite easily, and as a result the string can be picked with a rough surface, resulting in a very scratchy pick attack. There's a little bit of flexibility in the pick (not much, mind).

The standard black Jazz IIIs are similar to the reds, but a little stiffer, meaning the percussive attack is louder, and the resulting note will have a brighter tone.

The Ultex Jazz IIIs are very stiff and will give you a lot of "clacky" pick attack, and again a brighter tone. They wear very little.

The Eric Johnson Jazz IIIs are made of a duller, slightly softer plastic than the usual reds, and have a slightly different profile than the other Jazz IIIs. The duller plastic means that the pick wears smoothly and that you can get a much lesser pick attack and more control over your articulation.

I haven't tried the Max Grip Jazz IIIs.

Personally, I like the EJs most, but I don't mind playing with a standard red Jazz III. I don't like the black Jazz IIIs, and I really dislike the Ultex picks.

The materials used in both the red and black Jazz IIIs were changed several years ago. I prefer the older materials. The older red material was much the same as the material in the EJ, though not quite as dull or as soft (marginally less on both counts), and the black material is completely discontinued.
My name is Tom, feel free to use it.
just get one of each and see which one you like.
then buy more of those.
picks aren't really that expensive.

me, i like the Tortex Jazz IIIs.
nice grip on them.
My personal favourites are the Red Jazz III XL's
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Raijouta
Ultexes are my favorite Jazz IIIs. They don't have any extra material on them like you sometimes get with the nylons and they're slightly more grippy than them too, IMO.

This

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
I like the ultex ones, you hear more of the actual note and hardly any plastic on metal picking sound.
Ultex or the original black
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
I swear by my Tortex Jazz H3's

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I decided to try to the black Jazz III XL's first. I will get some this weekend.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
v-pick diamond junior unbuffed.
pretty much the best jazz pick ever.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer