Hi guys

I have a mate who wants a new amp.
He is getting tired of his line 6 Spider.
What he is after is an amp that will cover things like Credence with a bit more dirt sorta like QOSA.
Any ideas are welcome.
His buget is 250GBP with maybe a bit more, he is playing an Ibanez szr520.

All serious suggestions welcome
Guitars :
Washburn Stealth Pro TransBlack
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Fender GDO 300 Acoustic

Pedals :
Digi tech RP100
Boss Metal Core
Boss Mega Dist
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ

Amp : Blackstar HT5
Anyone ?
Guitars :
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Fender GDO 300 Acoustic

Pedals :
Digi tech RP100
Boss Metal Core
Boss Mega Dist
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ

Second laney. LC30 might be better for QOTSA type stuff though, I believe it has more gain, not certain.
Quote by TheQuailman
He should look for a used Laney VC30, or possibly a VC15. They can be picked up pretty cheap in the UK and sound great.

+1

is it for home use or gigging or both?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ProgFolk12
Second laney. LC30 might be better for QOTSA type stuff though, I believe it has more gain, not certain.

It does indeed have more gain, but the VC amps have a tonality that'd work for it better I believe. They also take boosters well, so more gain isn't a big problem. The LC is definitely still worth trying out though.
also agreed. imo, the lc has more gain (and a more american tone), but it doesn't sound as good as the vc, especially for the tones the threadstarter's mate wants.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks dudes, I will have a word with him and see what he thinks,

Dave- It will be just home

Thanks
Guitars :
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Fender GDO 300 Acoustic

Pedals :
Digi tech RP100
Boss Metal Core
Boss Mega Dist
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ

well the 15 will be quieter, but i thought the 30 sounded better. depends on how much volume he can get it up to.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?