One of which is belated as heck, the other is recent

Ibanez RG 7620, bought off of this very site at the start of 2010!

Review:
The guitar is a 2008 model, featuring American Basswood body, Edge Pro floyd rose, 24 frets, rosewood fingerboard and 7 strings! I bought this guitar second hand, it has a stock neck pickup, and a Dimarzrio PAF in the bridge. It is a red finish. Made in Korea I think, I paid £400 for it.

The guitar handles and feels great. It's not like most other 7 strings I've played in the past, it feels almost similar to a 6 string. It handles and plays fantastically, and its got such a low string profile, that I sometimes forget that there's a difference between 7 and 6 strings!

It does every style of music well, but it does excel in hard rock and metal territory, because of the high-oiutput of the bridge pickup especially. The neck pickup sits back in the mix and gives a nice thick solo tone, whereas the bridge is great for riffing! They both handle clean well, too, the inward positions on the 5-way pickup switch are very nice and handle softer stuff very well.

It takes effects very well. When I throw distortion, overdrive, wah and reverb onto it, you don't hear any compression, like you do with some other guitars, that can't quite handle the masses of gain etc. all at once.

I have nothing to say on the floyd; I have a tremol-no installed, and subsequently have it locked so I can switch between B standard and drop A tuning. But if it's as good as the rest of the guitar, then it's a fantastic floyd rose and I'd safely assume it'd never go out of tune, ever.

Overall, I'd give it an 8/10. It's the best 7 string guitar I've ever played, but it's not the best guitar I've ever played, and although it is versatile, it's not quite versatile enough to be a truly fantastic guitar. If it were stolen, I would definitely find it, and use it to beat the person that stole it into a bloody pulp! It's a durable workhorse, it's a beast of a guitar, and the more I play it, the more and more I grow in love with it. It's quickly becoming a personal favourite.

Next is an RG 1570, which I also bought online! I don't have any pictures of it on my own, but I have some of me playing it!

Review:

This is a 2008 model of the Ibanez Prestige line. It comes equipped with very hot v7, s1 and v8 pickups, American Basswood body, and an edge pro tremolo. It's got 24 frets, rosewood fretboard. It's a black finish. Made in Japan, I picked it up second hand for £300.

I haven't found a style of music that it doesn't do well, yet. It sounds better distorted than clean, but that seems to be the same with any guitar I play It seems to excel in shred/metal/hard rock styles, though, which suits me just fine.

When I got it, it was all set up and ready to go. It plays fantastically. It's so fast, it's thin, it sits well in my hands, and it resonates for days and days. It's a fluid guitar that aids your playing, and on other guitars where you might not be fast enough to get that triple 16th or you might not have enough stretch to hit that fret, you can on this guitar.

The floyd has taken a battering since I got it, if not before, and it's held out ridiculously well. I think I've had to tune one string this week.

I'd give it a 9/10 overall. I cannot comment on the durability. The only reason it's not got a 10/10 is because it doesn't have a massive thick tone at the neck like my Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6. It does have a thick tone, but it's not Les Paul/PRS thick.
If it were stolen I think I'd commit genocide until I found it again

I also picked up a BOSS DS-1 W/ Keeley Mod, which I need to get pictures of. But I love it so
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Last edited by Chikao42 at May 23, 2010,
Not sure tbh. I know they're both 2008.
Quote by santa_man99

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
I thought you had to put up either pictures or a review, not both?

EDIT: Reviews of both on the way!
Quote by santa_man99

Quote by DrFuzz

Quote by ilikepirates
Last edited by Chikao42 at May 23, 2010,
2 of the three.

pictures, extensive review, clips.

congrats on the guitars.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.