Anyone on UG play it?

I'm thinking about getting into it with some friends this summer. Any recommendations for guns/gear?

I was thinking about a Tippmann A5, maybe with a few upgrades. Good choice?

Discuss paintball here.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
i played paintball once upon a time
now im too broke but it was fun as hell also my gun always got jammed cause i shoot too fast
Well personally I don't like tippmanns but they can be decent if you upgrade the barrel, get an egg revo and mess with the trigger
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
i personally like tipmann 98s better. but the A5 is good also
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Quote by rushpython
i personally like tipmann 98s better. but the A5 is good also

Really? I would think the A5 would be better since it has the cyclone feed n' all...

Also, I was planning on getting an e-grip, stock, red dot sight and maybe a new barrel for it; anything else I should think about???

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Lots of threads on this already but I used to play it but it became too expensive. Prepare yourself for that. I bought some equipment and had to give it up.

EDIT: I blacked out in the last game I played. Perhaps that had something to do with it.
Last edited by 100%guitarmad at May 23, 2010,
I cant say much. but that I used to play as a teen, all kinds of fun. Alot of funny stories came out of all that. we always used the real cheap guns, no protective gear......twas fun.
----------------------
good times

---------------------------

-- A.L.W.--

----------------------

when you just get tired of all the effects and riffs.

Not at all regularly but I play pretty realisticly.

Basically I just hide at the back and cower... like I probably would do in a real gunfight.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
It really depends on wt field of play u wanna get into. If ur gettin into woodsball i suggest an A-5 if ur gettin into speedball id suggest either the proto slg(although it WILL have a few problems) or a Invert Mini. If ur lookin to be shootin fast during woodsball i suggest gettin a speedball gun and buyin some little Empire loader or somethin.

Got about 5-6 years of PB experience
Sheeet, I play with my tippmann 98

Response trigger
green/red dot
14 inch barrel
car stock

Best eva
I pwn noobs with this shit all day
Quote by ybekool
It really depends on wt field of play u wanna get into. If ur gettin into woodsball i suggest an A-5 if ur gettin into speedball id suggest either the proto slg(although it WILL have a few problems) or a Invert Mini. If ur lookin to be shootin fast during woodsball i suggest gettin a speedball gun and buyin some little Empire loader or somethin.

Got about 5-6 years of PB experience

I'm in a rural area, so it'd mostly be woodsball for me.

I was considering getting a long, accurate barrel and a scope of some sort and trying some sniping-type stuff, but I've heard there's really no point since paintball guns aren't very accurate and don't have much range to begin with.

Opinion?

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
No.

edit: to MadClownDisease

edit #2: The length of the barrel doesn't matter. Paintballs will destabilize in the air no matter what your length of barrel is. I personally would get a tippmann 98. My cousin had an A5 and it was no where as near as reliable. 98's are one of the most reliable markers you can get.
Last edited by gunther_sucks at May 23, 2010,
Quote by dudetheman

Also, I was planning on getting an e-grip

useless. learn to conserve shots and get to grips (pun) with a mechanical gun first
stock,

somewhat useful, don't think you'll be all sniper though, paintballs don't travel very far
red dot sight

useless
and maybe a new barrel for it;

definitely useful, i recommend J&Js
anything else I should think about???

yeah; stay away from people like this:
Quote by TheAudiophile
Best eva
I pwn noobs

in all, A5s are solid guns that i would recommend to anyone for a starting package.
⚑⚑⚑⚑⚑
Quote by MadClownDisease
Are paintball guns really accurate enough to warrant dot sights and scopes?

Hell yea

Plus i stole mine so it's ok since it would be dumb to spend that much
Quote by dudetheman

I was considering getting a long, accurate barrel and a scope of some sort and trying some sniping-type stuff, but I've heard there's really no point since paintball guns aren't very accurate and don't have much range to begin with.

Opinion?

that sounds about right. ever play airsoft?
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
yeah; stay away from people like this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAudiophile
Best eva
I pwn noobs

Suck my ass I was just kidding.
I quit playing a few years back. I've thought about getting back into it but the sport's culture just seems so lame now (which is one of the primary reasons I quit in the first place).

Here are a few pictures of my old guns I managed to dig up.

#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Yeah, you're probably right about the e-grip being useless. The more I think about what it does (which isn't much) the more i think dropping 120 bucks on it sounds retarded.

Also yeah, I know the red dot sight is useless but it's only eight bucks and would look pretty cool

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
ive always considered tippmans the bose/apple of paintball,

way more expensive then they should be because of the name. and not much to make up for it
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
ive always considered tippmans the bose/apple of paintball,

way more expensive then they should be because of the name. and not much to make up for it

Well i almost agree
The tippmann 98 is a beast
It is gone through hell and back and still preforms great.
Quote by TheAudiophile
Well i almost agree
The tippmann 98 is a beast
It is gone through hell and back and still preforms great.

true its a tough gun,

but for the price, it shoots slow, its heavy, the balance is awkward, it doesnt have an expansion chamber, electric trigger, eyeball or anti chop.

and upgrades are very expensive,

in hte long run it makes alot more sense to get a midgrade gun rather then getting a bottom grade tippman and upgrading it to a mid for the price of a dye or angel
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by JimmyBanks6
true its a tough gun,

but for the price, it shoots slow, its heavy, the balance is awkward, it doesnt have an expansion chamber, electric trigger, eyeball or anti chop.

in hte long run it makes alot more sense to get a midgrade gun rather then getting a bottom grade tippman and upgrading it to a mid for the price of a dye or angel

true but i have the act version and bleh bleh blah i love my gun
If I could find my guns I would post pictures, but yeah I played a few years back obsessively, after about a a year or two I gave up on it.

Quote by JimmyBanks6
true its a tough gun,

In my experience, anit-chop was a spider thing and it failed miserably, you can buy an eyes kit for a 98 for about 20$$, and buy and electric trigger(don't remember the price on this one). The point is I have seen some absolutely sick Tippys for pretty cheap. Everyone puts their focus on speed, you should really try pump >.>! Maybe a Smart Parts Ion, but most people hate them.

Quote by dudetheman

Opinion?

Long barrel actually take away from velocity, and when you are running at 280-300fps it seriously takes away from accuracy and range.
Last edited by Imtrying at May 23, 2010,
Quote by MadClownDisease
Are paintball guns really accurate enough to warrant dot sights and scopes?

Some of them are, I've got a paint-ball sniper rifle.
What do you guys think of BT markers? I was looking at the Omega to be specific...

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG