what tool do i actually use??, i know where it is and what not but what do i actually use??

the reason i think i have to do this is bevcause i have a dead fret and adjusting the bridge and string length is not solving it and i cant get the intonation perfect by adjusting the string length alone...infact it seems to do nothing
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Fender Greta + 1x12 Homemade cabinet - For sale PM for details.
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013 - Goldtop
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
do you know what your doing? if not you could potentially damage your guitar
and you use an allen key the things with 6 sides on them not sure what size for your guitar though
Maybe you have a worn out saddle on your bridge. But like supersac said, if you don't know what you're doing, DO NOT touch your truss rod.
i really dont understand what the deal is with truss rods. people act like if a hair touches it your guitar will explode and kill your family.

its a metal bar in your neck. the only way to really mess things up is tighten it too much, which you would have to be mentally retarded to do.

and too loose could cause issues as well.

your neck is thier too far back (bar is putting too much pressure on the neck) or too loose (bar is not putting enough pressure, and strings are pulling to hard)

to far back and its like a bridge, to far forward your neck looks like a backwards bow and arrow (those are exaggerated examples).

this is your bible
http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/trussrods.htm
am not too sure what im doing but i need this dead spot fixing its driving me mad...i would get it set up but the places round here charge an arm and a leg, and as a new dad, student and general skint person i cnt really afford to take it to a shop.
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
The problem is, most people don't realize how sensitive they are. It doesn't take much turning to make HUGE adjustments to the neck. Some guitars as little as an 1/8 of a turn can take a neck with decent relief and give it no relief. But yes, the guitar is not going to explode. Just make very small adjustments and then remeasure. Fret the 1st fret and last fret, and measure the gap between the 8th fret and string. Should be near 0 to maybe .010 depending on your preference. I like around .010" relief on all my guitars.
i really dont understand what the deal is with truss rods. people act like if a hair touches it your guitar will explode and kill your family.

just a warning i give to everyone not insulting ts but i have met some retards who over tightened their truss rods and then brought it to me to try to fix it
well....thats cause they are retards.

i find with used gear, 99% of it was owned by retards. because stuff has been done to it that defys logic and is in no way productive. perhaps they thought they could do something and only after FUBARing it, they realized it was a bad idea.

i have spent over a week restoring a guitar that is 100% undooing wat an idiot did to it. not making it better, but attempting to get it playable again. my efforts would have cost FAR more than the guitar is worth to fix in a shop. thats how bad they F-ed this thing up.

i am also heavy into paintball and i have bought some used guns that also defyed logic (the ones i buy are expensive, and have a great deal of wiring and electro pnumatics in them).

i come to the consluction that 99% of people have a 2 digit IQ until proven otherwise.

and you know what? it just makes me smarter. i have been wiring my restored guitar so many times, that yesturday i rewired the entire thing from scratch in 20 minutes. thanks to an idiot, i can rewire a 2 humbucker, 1 tone, 1 volume, 2 wat switch guitar in about 20-30 minutes.
Last edited by ikey_ at May 23, 2010,
nice....i ended up replacing pickups and pots in my guitar and i dint know a stitch...thats why i asked which tool because im sure i can find atleast a few braincells to get my head round some nice laid out instructions
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah