Analogman Peppermint Fuzz
Analogman Dark Peppermint Fuzz
Fuzzface Reissue
Fender Blender
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Death By Audio Fuzz War
Death By Audio Supersonic Fuzz Gun
Death By Audio Soundwave Breakdown

thanks any opinions would be appreciated.
^Sounds like you're making some crazy ****ing music...

Matt uses a Fuzz Factory, Hendrix used an Octavia (If I remember right), and I don't think I've heard any sublime with fuzz, but I don't listen to them much. Anywho, you want something gated and with some octave up tones. Which among those best suits those needs...I don't know. Hope that was at least slightly helpful.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

The Fuzz Factory is kind of it's own thing... If you're going for it's sound you're not going to find another fuzz that really gives that to you. Hendrix used several different fuzzes but was best known for the Octavia and Fuzz Face...

If you want something that's a beast of a fuzz and does both old-school fuzz sounds and newer scooped "stoner rock" fuzz really well while having the mysterious ability to maintain low-end I recommend the Way Huge Swollen Pickle. It's what I bought after shopping around A LOT for fuzzes. I really couldn't be happier with it. I was aiming more for Gilmour or Hendrix but also listen to Muse...

Way Huge Swollen Pickle review on YouTube - ProGuitarShop.com review.

It's available on MusiciansFriend, etc. for ~$130

EDIT: I believe I paid like $160 for it and it was still a great deal! It would easily be worth it even at $200...
Last edited by RadioMuse at May 23, 2010,
BIG MUFF hendrix helped make it and used it.
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Quote by RadioMuse
The Fuzz Factory is kind of it's own thing... If you're going for it's sound you're not going to find another fuzz that really gives that to you. Hendrix used several different fuzzes but was best known for the Octavia and Fuzz Face...

If you want something that's a beast of a fuzz and does both old-school fuzz sounds and newer scooped "stoner rock" fuzz really well while having the mysterious ability to maintain low-end I recommend the Way Huge Swollen Pickle. It's what I bought after shopping around A LOT for fuzzes. I really couldn't be happier with it. I was aiming more for Gilmour or Hendrix but also listen to Muse...

Way Huge Swollen Pickle review on YouTube - ProGuitarShop.com review.

It's available on MusiciansFriend, etc. for ~$130

Review/clips of the pickle? I feel the ones on youtube dont really show the low end off very well. Im pretty into stoner/sludge stuff.

Sorry for hijacking.

Maybe the Musket would be worth a look TS, lots of stuff to tweak.