I was visiting my folks for a weekend (which turned into a week due to an emergency appendectomy I had to have). I had to leave yesterday and come back home because I had a bar gig last night. I almost missed it though because I got so caught up in this show. I remember a friend of mine had mentioned it once before, and I had kind of forgotten about it. But they had a marathon on Starz yesterday and I was laughing my ass off. As a friend described it, it's the best parts of Arrested Development, Always Sunny and Curb combined. I only caught about four episodes from the ongoing second season with a slightly different cast arrangement. Hilarious though. I laughed so hard my abdomen was throbbing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvDdSK6wTy8

Anyone else see this gem? It sucks that it's only on Starz. None of the YouTube clips really do it justice, but once I get rent covered for June, I'm getting the first season DVD.

EDIT: clip changed to appease the whiners.
#DTWD
If that's the best clip of the show, that looks absolutely awful!

But that's american comedies for you..................
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by will123456789
If that's the best clip of the show, that looks absolutely awful!

Arrested Development is absolutely brilliant...

It's always sunny in Philadelphia is funny but it's hard to get into it.

And Curb your enthusiasm suuuuucks
seen parts of it a couple times. i've always thought "man, that looks hilarious, i should watch that!" and then never do. i'll have to sometime though.
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
i watch it every week... so far i think season 1 is better (but this season is still pretty good), im not a fan of the new girl lidia (or whatever her name is)

and curb your enthusiasm is hilarious
Quote by weridguy
i watch it every week... so far i think season 1 is better (but this season is still pretty good), im not a fan of the new girl lidia (or whatever her name is)

and curb your enthusiasm is hilarious

i haven't seen any of season one yet, including the episode from which the clip came.

i think my favorite character is roman. i was like "is that bill from freaks and geeks?"

i lol'd so hard when they catered the funeral and he goes fishing in the guy's casket for her earring. god, i wish that clip was on youtube.

and to pompous british people: suck it. i already said the clips don't do it justice. but keep on being pretentious dicks.

that's a terrible grasp of the english language for you. you retards invented this shitty language and can't even speak it properly. subject-verb agreement.
#DTWD
Quote by Minkaro
That video had hints of something that may just have been funniness.

There wasn't enough there for me to be sure though.

I agree with this, i can see why some people might find it funny, but something about it was missing for me, i can't put my finger on what it was though.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Quote by donender
I agree with this, i can see why some people might find it funny, but something about it was missing for me, i can't put my finger on what it was though.

it was just one 30 second clip.
#DTWD
Quote by Minkaro
and it was the only 30 second clip we'd seen.

Sorry, I'll be sure to judge things based on the bits I've never watched before next time.

i'm just saying when i'm watching something on TV i usually give it a little more than 30 seconds before passing judgment and calling it an 'awful american comedy.' i basically just picked something at random. i haven't even seen the episode in which it occurred. i can say that about friends because i've seen a lot of episodes. it's a crappy american comedy. you guys are just so quick to be like "sux."

party down was named in the american film institute's top 10 shows of the year. the AFI for christ's sake. they're hardly TV guide or rolling stone.
#DTWD
I'll have to check if it's available on demand. Finally, there might be a reason why I'm paying for that pos channel known as starz.
Quote by pak1351
I'll have to check if it's available on demand. Finally, there might be a reason why I'm paying for that pos channel known as starz.

they have season 2 on their on demand adding new episodes as they come. watch all of them. hilaaarious. funerals. orgies. goth concerts. preschool auctions it's realllly good. like i said, i haven't seen any of season 1. getting it soon. but it's going to be hard to beat some of the stuff i've seen already.
#DTWD
If you guys have Netflix, you can stream both seasons 1 and 2.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
If you guys have Netflix, you can stream both seasons 1 and 2.

i didn't realize it was only $9 a month ... damn, that may be doable. hmmmm. *scratches chin*
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
i'm just saying when i'm watching something on TV i usually give it a little more than 30 seconds before passing judgment and calling it an 'awful american comedy.' i basically just picked something at random. i haven't even seen the episode in which it occurred. i can say that about friends because i've seen a lot of episodes. it's a crappy american comedy. you guys are just so quick to be like "sux."

party down was named in the american film institute's top 10 shows of the year. the AFI for christ's sake. they're hardly TV guide or rolling stone.

Well i didn't flat out say it sucked, i actually said i can see why some people would find it funny, but that clip didn't really make me laugh, i would give it a proper watch though as there is obviously something i am not seeing.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
ah. well when you said "i can see how some would find it funny, but there's something missing etc. etc." i thought you were referring to the entire show as opposed to just the clip as the first few posters did.
#DTWD
So I decided to give this a shot today, watched an episode. I can safely say I will watch more.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)