http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Warwick-Corvette-4String-Electric-Bass-Guitar?sku=582368

Could someone give me a bit of information about this bass? I won't be able to go to a GC anytime soon but I've developed a pretty serious case of GAS.

Is the neck thick or thin?
Would it be a pretty versatile bass?
Would this bass http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Warwick-Rockbass-Corvette-Basic-Electric-Bass-Guitar?sku=582366&rec=product_sim_B be more versatile that the $$?

Sorry UG, I can't find a good video of that bass online, I could only find reviews of the other $$
The $$ will undoubtedly be more versatile. As far as the neck is concerned, Couldn't tell you without knowing which year it is, as Warwick, and by extension Rockbass (which is what that $$ is, it isn't a fully blown Warwick) changed their standard neck profile from more of a U shape to a shallower C shape last year.

Do yourself a favour and do try one. I know you said you can't get to a GC soon, but Warwick necks are VERY marmite- you either love them or hate them. And also try looking for a used Warwick Corvette $$, you might strike lucky and get a proper German Warwick for not much more than the new Rockbass one there.
I have the warwick $$ and its a excellent bass. In my opinion its very versatile, you can get alot of different tones out of it and the neck is not real thick but not to slim.

And yes I would say its more versatile than the rockbass. And tone wise I dont think the rockbass comes close.
Quote by Damaged Roses
I don't really understand why basses have 24 frets, I mean, I've never seen a bassist playing more than the 12 fret.

My Gear-
Warwick Double Buck
Epiphone EB0
GK MB 210
Fender Rumble
Quote by Deliriumbassist
The $$ will undoubtedly be more versatile. As far as the neck is concerned, Couldn't tell you without knowing which year it is, as Warwick, and by extension Rockbass (which is what that $$ is, it isn't a fully blown Warwick) changed their standard neck profile from more of a U shape to a shallower C shape last year.

Do yourself a favour and do try one. I know you said you can't get to a GC soon, but Warwick necks are VERY marmite- you either love them or hate them. And also try looking for a used Warwick Corvette $$, you might strike lucky and get a proper German Warwick for not much more than the new Rockbass one there.

I'm not good with Warwicks and just recently started looking at some.
So, the Rockbasses are the lower end basses? And http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Warwick-Corvette-Double-Buck-4String-Bass?sku=519182 these would be the better ones?
Quote by JacoVictorKing
I'm not good with Warwicks and just recently started looking at some.
So, the Rockbasses are the lower end basses? And http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Warwick-Corvette-Double-Buck-4String-Bass?sku=519182 these would be the better ones?

That is indeed a German Warwick $$- I'm in two minds to email their error about the Rockbass $$.

The Rockbasses are lower end basses- they are made in China with lower grade woods. They have very little in common besides the shapes and hardware (maple is a shared tonewood, and tigerstripe ebony for the fretless instruments). They aren't bad, but for the potential price difference a used Warwick will certainly outdo a new Rockbass.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
That is indeed a German Warwick $$- I'm in two minds to email their error about the Rockbass $$.

The Rockbasses are lower end basses- they are made in China with lower grade woods. They have very little in common besides the shapes and hardware (maple is a shared tonewood, and tigerstripe ebony for the fretless instruments). They aren't bad, but for the potential price difference a used Warwick will certainly outdo a new Rockbass.

I see :O

One last question. I just called my local GC and they only have one black $$ at the store. I'll try out that one but personally, the Honey Violin appeals to me more. How accurate are Warwick stock photos? I've known some stock photos that look just like the real thing and others that have no resemblence whatsoever.
Aww, man... I was so stoked because I thought warwick dropped the prices on their double bucks. Guess Ive got to keep saving.
...it was bright as the sun, but with ten times the heat